Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Just looks like extreme high maintenance, hard to live with, and not very reliable. but on the upside the Cuda is sweet other than the farm boy exhaust !:)
One could always dream!! You never know, maybe she's the elusive Unicorn!!
1649725524073.png

Just after having my ass kicked by Bianca (foreground) in tonite's class:
bianca-weird.png

@Squatch There is a sistrum hanging on the wall in the background - Yep, its one I made!

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
How many sistrums do you figure you've made through the years?
I can tell you exactly: I'm finishing up #25 right now (I serialize them). I used to sell about 5 per year, so make them in batches of 5. However, I've sold 8 in the last 6 months or so. It takes me awhile to make one, and I'm not in any hurry, but right now I'm selling them as fast as I can make them. I think I'm going to kick it up to a batch of 10 next time.

I can tell you exactly: I'm finishing up #25 right now (I serialize them). I used to sell about 5 per year, so make them in batches of 5. However, I've sold 8 in the last 6 months or so. It takes me awhile to make one, and I'm not in any hurry, but right now I'm selling them as fast as I can make them. I think I'm going to kick it up to a batch of 10 next time.
Local sales, or do you have buyers from other areas?

Most of them have been sold on-line; Bianca is local of course, and I gave the second prototype to The Mighty Siwa years back. Most of them go to Pagans of one sort or another, although I sold one or two to musicians (They're occasionally scored into Orchestral music) and even one to a museum, apparently for their Egyptian exhibit although why they wanted a modern recreation is beyond me. I guess they wanted to display a "Modern Recreation" perhaps next to an original.

Reactions: Squatch
DSC01204.JPG

Here's #22 before shipment, next to a competing sistrum that I bought. Most modern sistra use tambourine jangles or metal washers. Mine use brass finger cymbals. Costly, but it makes for a somewhat better tone and looks cool. Historically, the metal jangles were whatever was available, junk or otherwise. There were a pair of them found in King Tut's tomb that had square jangles:

00.jpg

Its speculated that these were used during the funeral rites and then abandoned in place (by accident?) as they look well used and apparently weren't intended to be part of the tomb treasure per se.

I think every Jeep should carry a sistrum! :D

View attachment 322423
Here's #22 before shipment, next to a competing sistrum that I bought. Most modern sistra use tambourine jangles or metal washers. Mine use brass finger cymbals. Costly, but it makes for a somewhat better tone and looks cool. Historically, the metal jangles were whatever was available, junk or otherwise. There were a pair of them found in King Tut's tomb that had square jangles:

View attachment 322419
Its speculated that these were used during the funeral rites and then abandoned in place (by accident?) as they look well used and apparently weren't intended to be part of the tomb treasure per se.

I think every Jeep should carry a sistrum! :D
Wild stuff, @Zorba! Can you imagine being the guy who left the pair of 'em in the tomb?
"Now, where the hell did I lay them down. I had 'em when I was...oh, shit! " :oops: