Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Spotted a herd of deer having a meeting behind behind my house. They started snorting once they noticed my dog watching them. There were at least one or two more that were behind the building.
20200804_203343.jpg
20200804_203621.jpg

I don't know which category to put this one in, but this is the bottom of my Barcalounger after I cut the material off that normally hides the interior, hides it from what I don't know because it's never seen, but I digress.

Last night I was lounging back watching an episode of Shameless when my phone rang, as I fumbled around to grab it the Amazon Fire Stick remote that was in my hand slipped out & into the tiny space between the cushion & the frame of the chair and apparently INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION.

Normally I can reach into it & grab whatever fell in but this little bastard slid further than ever & I couldn't find it. Following a half hour search frustration got the better of me & I cut the material off thinking it would reveal the remote, & probably $40 in change. Nope.

Just tried again this morning, rolled the damn chair around the living room randomly shaking the crap out of it & nothing; I cannot for the life of me figure out where the damn remote is, I was literally contemplating dragging it into the garage & beating it into a 1000 pieces with my 12lb sledge hammer to find the fucking thing then it occurred to me that destroying a leather recliner to recover a twelve dollar remote might be stupid. Though, I'm still considering it :ROFLMAO:

barcalounger.jpg

I don't know which category to put this one in, but this is the bottom of my Barcalounger after I cut the material off that normally hides the interior, hides it from what I don't know because it's never seen, but I digress.

Last night I was lounging back watching an episode of Shameless when my phone rang, as I fumbled around to grab it the Amazon Fire Stick remote that was in my hand slipped out & into the tiny space between the cushion & the frame of the chair and apparently INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION.

Normally I can reach into it & grab whatever fell in but this little bastard slid further than ever & I couldn't find it. Following a half hour search frustration got the better of me & I cut the material off thinking it would reveal the remote, & probably $40 in change. Nope.

Just tried again this morning, rolled the damn chair around the living room randomly shaking the crap out of it & nothing; I cannot for the life of me figure out where the damn remote is, I was literally contemplating dragging it into the garage & beating it into a 1000 pieces with my 12lb sledge hammer to find the fucking thing then it occurred to me that destroying a leather recliner to recover a twelve dollar remote might be stupid. Though, I'm still considering it :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 183263
That spring set being that far off center is more than enough reason to beat that thing into firewood.

Reactions: Mr. Pink
That spring set being that far off center is more than enough reason to beat that thing into firewood.

I wouldn't be happy that it's probably been that way since day 1 but like a TJ it just needs a DIY alignment.

Back to the missing Fire Stick, poking around from the top with a folded wire hanger while looking into the bottom might help, unless the hanger ends up in ANOTHER DIMENSION too.

Edit to add a picture from last winter on another hot day. That's a street light on the other side of my maple tree that is covered in ice.
IMG_20200206_202345509.jpg

Last edited:
Kitch-i-ti-kipi? Your wife looks like shes in front of Lake Medora, near copper harbor? I have family in the keweenaw, so I spend a LOT of time there.
Kitch-i-kipi for sure, and no that lake is near St Ignace it's at the scenic overlook at the rest area before the bridge, before the exit for 2. we spend a lot of time near Martinique as my wife's best friend and her family live there.

Reactions: Mike_H

View attachment 183263

If you're like me, check your pockets before you destroy the chair for no reason. I sometimes misplace things by putting them away.

View attachment 183263

Back around the 4th of July I was with my family at the family cabin. I had taken my wedding ring off to shape several pounds of ground beef into patties and put it on top of the old cast iron stove and forgot to put it back on when I was done. Later that evening my wife brought it to me as I was standing in front of a bed and it got dropped during the handoff. I heard it hit the wood floor, and roll for a very short time like what should have been a foot, before the noise stopping. I've spent at least 90 minutes looking for it with no success. The only thing to destroy in the search is the cabin itself.

Here's one from me at the urgent care after high-siding my supermoto at 55mph. Fortunately I was out in the country, landed on grass so I escaped with a broken radius and a couple hundred bucks in repairs to my bike.

Image007.jpg

This is the exact same kangaroo that Butch (Bruce Willis) hung his watch on in Pulp Fiction. My grandmother has it in her spare bedroom.

IMG_1102.JPG

and this is a 25 year old me taunting an armadillo in my back yard.

100_4872.JPG