Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

My bud Ernie, on the right, and me in front of the DeSoto. Ernie, nickname Weasel, is one of my best friends. You know when you meet someone for the first time and something clicks. That's Weez and I. Our connection is bicycles and riding. We used to race, too, but it's the youngsters time now.
View attachment 266039

I hadn't seen Weez or Mrs. Weasel since before Covid hit, but they came out to Cheesy Manor for today for a nice visit. Mrs. Cheesy and Mrs. Weasel had never met before but they hit it right off. At lunch today, you'd wouldn't had known they just met. Laughing and carrying on and no alcohol was involved.

Anyway, we had just gotten back from a drive in the DeSoto when Mrs. Cheesy took my phone and snapped the pic. Best part about the drive was that Mrs. Weasel had never ridden in anything older than 61 Chevy. She was giggling like a school girl.

That's a good story but I gotta ask, Were Mrs. Cheesy and Mrs. Wease doing their laughing and carrying on in the back seat while you and Weez each smoked a cigar on your Sunday drive? And was that drive somewhere out in the country?

Found this sketchy looking fellow in the back yard a while back.

1626792737319.png

That's a good story but I gotta ask, Were Mrs. Cheesy and Mrs. Wease doing their laughing and carrying on in the back seat while you and Weez each smoked a cigar on your Sunday drive? And was that drive somewhere out in the country?
It wasn’t that late forties. Weez and Mrs. Weez sat in back. They’re both a bit shorter than us. Said they had more room than their 4Runner.

And yes, through Kane and Dekalb County, Illannoy Canyons of Corn.

We were up in the area about 6 months post eruption. Gathered a shitload of both kinds of volcanic ash - a cousin packaged it up in little envelopes with a commemorative info sheet and sold them "somewhere". There was the fine, white, talc ash like in your picture, then there was a much heavier, coarser, dark grey/black ash as well.

Smoke was let out.
51331633354_c6b946c5d9_z.jpg

The machine was at Leadville Colorado and Southern Railroad in Leadville, CO. After I got the machine back up and running, my coworker and I were treated to a hi rail truck ride on some shitty roads and on the tracks. That white crap is hail.
51331118443_fa8e0cf9d4_z.jpg

51330176042_3de76635da_z.jpg