Rate my gear contact pattern

L0jik

TJ Enthusiast
"If you have to ask for opinions on your gear contact pattern, you probably shouldn't be setting up gears"
Anway what do you guys think? (Revolution Gear and Axle 5.13's on my buddies rear Dana 44, with a new Eaton Detroit locker)

I'm beyond happy with the toe-heel placement on both sides but im debating if I need to bring the pattern more towards the root.

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
I’m giving it a 92.

Just remember, I don’t know squat and nearly disabled mine and ruined a set of gears attempting to do my regear.

Shoot for center. always best. Equal amount of meet. your drive side looks to deep and almost even about to run off the ring gear. But that is only like the first two teeth the rest further back on that first picture look good. Id vote slightly To close on the pinion.

Thanks everyone, I ended up going 0.006 deeper on the pinion depth and it brought the backlash from 0.008 to 0.006. The coast side is perfectly centered all around, and the drive side spans from the center to the toe side. Its running smooth with no issues coming from the gears themselves as far as we can tell.

Reactions: Jeffseven777