Ravine Wheels with 33"

You guys are killing me! Too bad the previous owner put the gawdy looking mall crawling 18" Helo rims on my Jeep! I found 1 rim, found 4 in Dallas for $200 and 4 in Little Rock Arkansas, for $150. Non in Oklahoma! The search continues!! I will find my Ravines!! Lol

I was seriously considering replacing them with a new set of wheels but more and more I'm realizing that, in the end, the Ravine's really are a sharp looking set of rims. I'm still strongly contemplating if I should powder coat them a "pewterish" color.

Reactions: BendLarry
I was seriously considering replacing them with a new set of wheels but more and more I'm realizing that, in the end, the Ravine's really are a sharp looking set of rims. I'm still strongly contemplating if I should powder coat them a "pewterish" color.

If that was my TJ, I would leave them stock! Out of all the stock rims, the Ravines look the best to me. Then the stock 16" Rubicon as second best. I bought some Canyon's, but decided I wanted the Ravines more, so I gave the Canyons to my Stepson. He put them on his TJ with BF's and they looked pretty good.

IMG_5278.JPG
IMG_5279.JPG
Also I just added the Teraflex 3rd brake light riser to our Jeep. Easy install and works great. You can see it has more room for a 12.50 if desired. It's adjustable. I just didn't fool around with adjusting it lol.

Reactions: Jescates
Ain't that the truth! You can find nothing but new rims all day, but try and find original Rubi wheels or Ravines and it's next to impossible. Every once in awhile, I can find the Canyons advertised here in Oklahoma. I picked up 1 Ravine for 20 bucks a few days ago. There is a guy with a tire/rim that was a spare and he's asking 150.....way too much!
Have you looked at the OE Wheels website? The prices are fair and the offer every Jeep TJ wheel & in different colors. I plan on purchasing a set of Canyons with black wells when the funds come available. I enjoyed dreaming about how my TJ would look with all those different wheels, I really like Ravine's but am stuck on the Canyon wheels.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/JP03-15080-silver-wheel-fits-Jeep-Wrangler

Have you looked at the OE Wheels website? The prices are fair and the offer every Jeep TJ wheel & in different colors. I plan on purchasing a set of Canyons with black wells when the funds come available. I enjoyed dreaming about how my TJ would look with all those different wheels, I really like Ravine's but am stuck on the Canyon wheels.

Thanks for the website! I will look a little longer locally.....but they do have them! May have to go that route!!

View attachment 15644 Also I just added the Teraflex 3rd brake light riser to our Jeep. Easy install and works great. You can see it has more room for a 12.50 if desired. It's adjustable. I just didn't fool around with adjusting it lol.
Those are definitely one of the best looking Jeep wheels out there. If I didn't have the original Moabs, these would be my choice.

In looking at your first photo, don't you wish tire shops would take the time to try rotating the tire on the wheel before they just slap on 6" of wheel weights? I have seen tire techs who are not satisfied when they have to put that many weights in one location, and will take the time to see if rotating the tire will take care of it, but they definitely are the exception and not the rule for tire installers...

Those are definitely one of the best looking Jeep wheels out there. If I didn't have the original Moabs, these would be my choice.

In looking at your first photo, don't you wish tire shops would take the time to try rotating the tire on the wheel before they just slap on 6" of wheel weights? I have seen tire techs who are not satisfied when they have to put that many weights in one location, and will take the time to see if rotating the tire will take care of it, but they definitely are the exception and not the rule for tire installers...
Ehh it is what it is at the end of the day lol.

Thanks for the website! I will look a little longer locally.....but they do have them! May have to go th
Quick tip on the Ravines...they also came on some XJ's, and had a half inch less backspace in that application than the TJ Ravines.

So the XJ's are 5"? Why would they make two different backspace of .5" apart. Not sure that little amount would make much difference, but good info! Thanks.

Reactions: Travis and StG58
So the XJ's are 5"? Why would they make two different backspace of .5" apart. Not sure that little amount would make much difference, but good info! Thanks.
Yup, 5" backspace. Not all Ravines off an XJ have 5" of backspacing. It depends on what the dealership did after they got the XJ on the lot. Factory yes, Dealership maybe.

I have no idea why Jeep sometimes does what they do. I stopped trying to figure it out a long time ago, because it just made my head hurt.

If my Grizzlies had a half inch less back space and we're 8" wide instead of 7" wide, I wouldn't need washers on my steering stops. Sometimes with TJ's, it's a matter of a half inch on whether something works great or not. It's like bump stops, a fraction of an inch can mean the difference between a busted shock and everything being fine.

Last edited:
View attachment 15644 View attachment 15645 Also I just added the Teraflex 3rd brake light riser to our Jeep. Easy install and works great. You can see it has more room for a 12.50 if desired. It's adjustable. I just didn't fool around with adjusting it lol.

I'd be careful about your spare mounting setup. Unless the rubber bumpers are snug against your tire, your tailgate will be toast. I've seen it before on the road - a TJ's tailgate literally drooping down as a result of their bigger tire on their tailgate.

I'd be careful about your spare mounting setup. Unless the rubber bumpers are snug against your tire, your tailgate will be toast. I've seen it before on the road - a TJ's tailgate literally drooping down as a result of their bigger tire on their tailgate.
Agreed. You really need to space them outwards to make snug contact with the tire. I have seen where guys used pvc pipe with longer bolts. Paint the pipe black and it is hardly noticeable.

Th

Thanks! The TJ is my primary vehicle right now. 40 mile round trip a day, not sure I can handle an MT tire right now! once I get my pickup up and running, then the TJ will be my weekend toy, maybe then some MT's! Lol

My LJ is my daily driver. I crammed 33x10.5 BF Goodrich muddies on stock wheels and suspension and installed wheel spacers. I drive slower in the rain and air down on snowy pavement.

Agreed. You really need to space them outwards to make snug contact with the tire. I have seen where guys used pvc pipe with longer bolts. Paint the pipe black and it is hardly noticeable.

That's a good idea! For @Jeepersteve71, another idea: what I did was use hockey pucks as extensions. And even at that, my 33x12.5 tire on a 15x8 steel wheel has caused very slight sagging to my tailgate. Other people have stated that their tailgate has been completely un-affected by a 33" tire on their tailgate, but this is just my personal finding.

This tread has actually been quite helpful for me. I really wanted to run 33x10.5 on stock rims and it looks very promising. Thank you!!

I'd kill for a factory set of ravines. I have been looking locally for a great deal on 5 and all the ones I see have been beaten to crap. Hard to shell out $450.00 for 20 year old rims lol. Hoping to find a set of 5 in "excellent" condition for under $300.00. If you guys see a set let me know!

This tread has actually been quite helpful for me. I really wanted to run 33x10.5 on stock rims and it looks very promising. Thank you!!

I'd kill for a factory set of ravines. I have been looking locally for a great deal on 5 and all the ones I see have been beaten to crap. Hard to shell out $450.00 for 20 year old rims lol. Hoping to find a set of 5 in "excellent" condition for under $300.00. If you guys see a set let me know!
Really? People can't get rid of them in Texas lol. I turned down a decent set of 5 the other day for $80 because I didn't want to pay more than $60 for them lol. I want to powder coat a set and put some mud terrains on them to run when we go off roading. Keep the all terrains on for on road and lighter spur of the moment off roading lol.