Rear Axle Yoke replacement

Svarbo

My Rear Axle Yoke has some damage and I am looking to replace it. Can I just replace the yoke alone or will have have to replace other parts, e.g. seal, etc. as well?

My Rear Axle Yoke has some damage and I am looking to replace it. Can I just replace the yoke alone or will have have to replace other parts, e.g. seal, etc. as well?

You can just replace the yoke. But while you're in there it would be a good idea to replace the seal while you're at it! Did this on my old XJ, it's not that bad.

Thanks Chris. 2 seals replaced. New Yoke. 2 new sealed Spicer U-Joints. Replaced differential fluids, transfer case fluid and transmission fluid (MT90). Runs, feels and shifts like new. Should have done this much earlier.

Thanks Chris. 2 seals replaced. New Yoke. 2 new sealed Spicer U-Joints. Replaced differential fluids, transfer case fluid and transmission fluid (MT90). Runs, feels and shifts like new. Should have done this much earlier.

Wasn't that bad huh? I had to do it on my old XJ and the worst part was just how tight that yoke was on there!