Rear brake line brackets-Removable?

JKLNHYD

TJ Enthusiast
Finishing up the lift install--FINALLY! The kit I installed (RE 3.5" w/ adjustable uppers) has no provisions to reattach the brake line and the parking brake cables back to the upper control arms like the it came from the factory. I called and RE says they just zip tie them to the control arm and call it good. Which, in theory, would be fine except that the brackets on the lines themselves, won't easily come off. If I leave them, they will undoubtedly rattle against the control arm and scratch them up and rust. Has anyone successfully gotten the brackets off or do I need to replace the lines with a new stainless steel line for the brake line and new parking brake cables that, in the photo, look like they don't have brackets?

Just pry them open and slide them off.

IMG_20200316_095818.jpg

Worst case wrap them in electrical tape or use some wiring spiral wrap to insulate them. Or drill a hole in the arm and eithe tap some threads in or use a self tap screw through the bracket into the arm.

With a bit of angry coercion, and two pairs of vice grips, I got the brackets off. There is a metal sleeve on each line that won't be able to be removed but I can manage to control them now, without the brackets.