Rear cleaner issue after LED install

becketth

Hello All,

Been a lurker for a few months, and you have all been very helpful! Picked up a 2004 Rubicon 5-spd at the end of December and have been tackling some of the deferred maintenance issues.

One issue, the solution to which seems to be eluding me, is this: I swapped out the blinker bulbs for LEDs; I installed a new Novita LM470 flasher relay; I cleaned all the bulb terminals and the three bolts for each taillight housing. The hazards work fine, brake lights work fine, and dim/bright work fine with the headlamps on. The ONLY symptom I have is this: when the left blinkers are on, everything is fine and the front and rear blinkers work; BUT when I turn on the right blinkers, the front blinker blinks and the rear blinker blinks AND the left rear blinker blinks dimly. I am assuming that I have a bad ground on the left rear housing, but every other function works correctly.

I have: checked the fuses and cleaned the terminals and screws. I have not: switched the control stalk or checked the ground with a meter.

Any thoughts?

Which blinker bulbs did you swap out for LEDs? JUST the rear taillight blinkers, or the front blinkers as well as the sidemarker blinkers too?