Rear diff housing bearings embedding into housing

Joe v

Hello guys .. please be patient I'm new here... so during installation of new bearings in my rear diff, it was brought to my attention where my bearing are placed in the housing it self has been reemed/ wedged larger then normal to become bigger then the bearings them selves, ( as if pressure forced the opening to expand) so I have a constant slow leak because there is no full seal and my whole bears spin, I'm only guessing a whole new rear housing is the solution. I was told there's no repair kit for this . Any advice ? And any clue wat will cause this .. I will soon attach photos

Do you have the original bearing caps? They are machined with the axle and cannot be swapped. Check the caps, and take a look at the face of the axle where the seal for the cover is placed. Should be matching dots, symbols, etc...

Here is mine on my Dana 44, notice the the matching dots? My Dana 30 has > in the same places

20160805_145129.jpg

Are you talking about the bearings by the wheel or the bearings in the differential? Assuming "stretched" bearing caps, how would this cause an oil leak? Those bearings do not control the movement of oil. Do you mean the seals of a front axle are letting oil pass by? I can't think of any bearing in an axle assembly that is meant to control oil. Only a sealed bearing assembly at the end of the axle tube, and don't know how they could get in the diff housing. Got any pictures to help show the problem?

Photos are needed to be sure what you are talking about. If the carrier bearings spun into the housing, unless you can find someone with a tool to recut the face, the housing need to be replaced. I don't recall ever seeing that on a 44, very common on the 60/70 series. We had a tool made to cut the surface and used it quite a bit.

Thanks for the replay guys. Sorry I been away. But yes . The bearings that's sit where the housing meets the shaft have some how spun them selfs into the housing and has made a void now they do not fit firmly into the housing it self . I was told I need to replace the whole housing .

Thanks for the replay guys. Sorry I been away. But yes . The bearings that's sit where the housing meets the shaft have some how spun them selfs into the housing and has made a void now they do not fit firmly into the housing it self . I was told I need to replace the whole housing .
Worst you would need is a new pair of housing ends welded on with an alignment bar. But, some good pics would help. That is a very odd and rare occurrence if that is actually the problem.