Rear end locked up

Not a chance, unless he can weld and fabricate. With the offset he will need a sye and dc shaft. Will likely have to rebuild the brakes and get an emergency brake cable kit. And he will still have to inspect it for wear as well. The 8.8 isn't as simple and cheap as people make it out to be.
Exactly and well said. Not to mention the 8.8 has a pig of a pumpkin that hangs low and reduces ground clearance.

It's not cheap, but nether is a master install kit and a resetup on the gears. That's also provided you don't replace the gear set as they frequently howl after being reset

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

It's not cheap, but nether is a master install kit and a resetup on the gears. That's also provided you don't replace the gear set as they frequently howl after being reset

I have set up literally hundreds of used gear sets and performed simple re-bearing jobs and never found that to be the case.

I have set up literally hundreds of used gear sets and performed simple re-bearing jobs and never found that to be the case.
Hmm odd, maby it's a jk gear thing, or something about 513s, I know when I resetup my front it howled (original setup was terrible on a used axle), ended up replacing the gear set it annoyed me so much. Another friend had the same experience on a rear 513 for a jk.

Hmm odd, maby it's a jk gear thing, or something about 513s, I know when I resetup my front it howled (original setup was terrible on a used axle), ended up replacing the gear set it annoyed me so much. Another friend had the same experience on a rear 513 for a jk.

Was probably the bad set up originally, then you set it up correctly, but it already had a bad wear pattern to it.

Was probably the bad set up originally, then you set it up correctly, but it already had a bad wear pattern to it.
Quite probable. But seeing as he's had issues there's no telling (on the internet) what his pattern looks like, or how long it's been that way.