Rear shelf

Lucas Campbell

Have any of you made or seen a shelf made for across the rear seat area of a jeep, my fiance and I want to put something in my 98 so that on trips we can put gear on floor and have a shelf from tub rail to tub rail to put the dogs travel bed and The cooler on so we're making more use of the space? Pics would be awesome.

You could put seat down possibly getting a little more. I pulled out the 'tool box' in back for more on mine. But that is a good idea for shelf.

I run with the seat out most of the time and a few times it would have been nice to have the second tier, hence the creation of this thread

Hmmm, I think with some wood, tools and skills you could easily build something. I've never seen a product like this personally.

Have any of you made or seen a shelf made for across the rear seat area of a jeep, my fiance and I want to put something in my 98 so that on trips we can put gear on floor and have a shelf from tub rail to tub rail to put the dogs travel bed and The cooler on so we're making more use of the space? Pics would be awesome.

Like this?
image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
You can either have a thick wallet or a bit skill with a saw. Plywood does it all.
It is also lighter than steel.

My current TJR is black/black/black... gotta change that... colour is so much better.

DSC_00925247.jpg

Last edited:
Check out the Tuffy security enclosure. Might be overkill but it has a load bearing shelf you describe.

Holds a spare 35" wheel/ tire as seen in post #2 of:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/spare-tire-relocating-210670.html?nocache=1450409063125

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk