Rear sits 2.5” higher after OME lift install

JimmyZ

Just installed my OME lift today. Also installed Rancho RS5000X shocks. WOW the Jeep rides better then it ever did. Only problem i have is the rear now sits 2 1/2" higher then the front. I even put a 3/4" spring spacer in the front. Front springs are Old Man Emu Part #: 2933 (1 1/2" HD springs) and rears are Old Man Emu Part #: 2942 (2" Medium-Heavy Load springs). Love the way it rides but hate the rear being that much higher then the front. Should I add a bigger spacer in the front or what? I'm guessing if I go much higher in the front I'll need to buy a adjustable front trac bar?

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

That does look like a lot of rake. I used the same springs on my TJ and the 3/4 spacer leveled it out. I don't think I had as big a gap as you do though. That front bumper and winch may require you to get a taller/HD spring.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Where exactly are your measuring from? It's a unique phenomenon that @ac_ had experienced when he installed his OME lift. Same springs. What's even stranger, he sent me his rear springs and my TJ sits perfect. Strange.

I used 2934 V8 ZJ front springs and 2949 LJ HD rear springs on my LJ last month. I got exactly 3” F & R, and maintained the 3/4”-1” take it had stock with the soft top. I’m fine without adding spacers because I do run a hard top half the year, run a hitch mounted bike rack and use a utility trailer, so it sits level when loaded.

I saw some pretty strange results with different OME combos, but never saw any bad feedback on the 934/949 combo and am definitely pleased with it.

I have the 2942 rear springs and had the same issue.

Running a 2in front spacer+ stock .75in rubber to even it out

I think it's your heavy front bumper and potentially lighter in the rear. I have those same springs on mine. The front was a little lower than liked so I stacked another OEM spring isolator on top of the one that was there; about 3/4 inch. I have a heavy rear bumper with swing out tire carrier out back and up front I have a heavier than stock aftermarket bumper, winch plate and winch, but I don't think it would be nearly as heavy as the one you have. Mine is a short (44 inch) bumper.

IMG_6216 - Copy.JPGIMG_6199 - Copy.JPG

I had pretty decent rake with those springs too, ended up with a 1.25” spacer in the front (then went to a 4” spring anyway).

When I installed my OME kit I found this on their site:

SPECIFICATIONS

A/B Fitment

As a general rule, the A springs have a higher free height than the B coils. This is to allow the fitter to compensate for driver weight, aftermarket accessories, vehicle weight distribution, and chassis twist. We suggest taking measurements at each corner before fitting the new suspension components. This will allow for more accurate A/B fitment.

In vehicles with front and rear A/B springs, most of these vehicles will be happiest with an A coil fitted to the front, driver corner and the opposite rear, passenger corner. In vehicles with only rear A/B springs, most will end up with the A spring on the rear, driver corner.

It must be understood that due to the A/B variation, the first spring selection may result in the vehicle to be unlevel. If this is the case, swapping spring locations is necessary before trying other trimming methods.

I had pretty decent rake with those springs too, ended up with a 1.25” spacer in the front (then went to a 4” spring anyway).

Ha, me too, installed the kit, never upgraded tires, still on stock, now saving for a 4" lift and all the other stuff to fit 35"s on my LJ.

Reactions: rasband
OME is wrong on many occasions. This is proof of that.

The 33/42 combo is what I got based on recommendations from several threads on this site. DPG has a kit built around it.

OP looks to have a light rear and heavy front. Like most spring kits OME preserves the factory 1" or so of forward rake. With extra weight on the front that will get worse.

Seems like the zj front and heavy Tj rear would make it sit level. Is the front zj springs just too rough riding?