Rear sway bar "stiffness"; what is it supposed to be?

vidnoye

Supporting Member
First of all let me start by extending a general thank you greeting to all the members of the TJ forum.
I'm in the process of reclaiming/fixing a 2002 Jeep Wrangler X and this forum has been the most helpful, specially with steering issues.
thank you all

Now for my first post...

I'm the the process of replacing the rear lower control arms (they were shot, loose!!) and I noticed the rear sway bar end links were wobbly, so I'm replacing those also.
about 2 weeks ago I replaced the rear sway bar bushings (did the front ones too)...
I notice that without the end links attached, it is very easy to move the rear sway bar up and down, it doesn't seem to be any friction from the new bushings.
If I remember correctly, the front one has a lot of friction from the bushings...

is this normal? did I use the wrong bushings ? they went in tight.

I used the MOOG K3160 bushings for the rear.

Thank you

2002 Jeep Wrangler X
4 inch lift
4.56 gears
32 inch tires

The antiswaybar is supposed to be totally free to rotate in its bushings. The antiswaybar works by making the left and right sides of the axle work against each other through its ability to twist between the sides while still allowing the sides of the axle to move up/down separately but while still under control of the antiswaybar.