Rear track bar bracket torx bolt removal?

Jay P

TJ Enthusiast
So... I’m trying to remove the torx bolt on the axle side of my rear track bar. It’s stuck at the very end meaning it’s almost out. I’m a total rookie when it comes to this but a couple of questions.

Do I need to mess with the frame side at all so I can add a bracket?

Can I just leave it on flat ground the whole time?

It’s literally hanging on my a thread but won’t let loose. Help!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it's (or the wrench is) hitting the gas tank? If you jack up the frame, it will give you more room behind the bolt.

That’s been done I just can’t get the last little bit out.
cf8750ef22586a6d3c0f938826d79374.jpg

Can you get a prybar under the end of the trackbar to move it around? There is tension on the bolt when you loosened it...

Got it. I’ll try in the later. Dinner calls. I’ll be back with more rook questions soon and thanks a bunch.

Rocking the Jeep while trying to get it out is a good suggestion. Know that afterward getting it lined back up will require something like a ratchet strap to pull back into line. If your replacing it with an adjustable, you’ll be fine of course.

Once you get that bugger out, I find it easier to get the frame side on, so when you get that TB bracket installed, bolt the axle side first, then work on lining up the frame side.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
Once you get that bugger out, I find it easier to get the frame side on, so when you get that TB bracket installed, bolt the axle side first, then work on lining up the frame side.
Right, and just get it started in the threads to leave a little play!

Reactions: glwood
Right, and just get it started in the threads to leave a little play!

Sounds good. Man I like you guys here. Where’ve ya been my whole Jeepin life? I’ll report back. Sounds like I need to undo the frame side all the way right?

What procedure are you doing? Are you changing out the rear trackbar or adding a relocation bracket?

Sounds good. Man I like you guys here. Where’ve ya been my whole Jeepin life? I’ll report back. Sounds like I need to undo the frame side all the way right?

Try loosening the frame side first and see if that devil torx bolt will budge. If not, then yes, remove the frame side bolt.

Reactions: ohiopatriot
No matter what, loosen the frame side and I bet gmthat will give you enough play to get that bolt out

Reactions: ohiopatriot
Man, that’s three posts “a moment ago”

Reactions: bobthetj03
That was so fast ther eought to be a threadbin fasted damn poster. @bobthetj03 would win in spades!

Reactions: bobthetj03