Rear track bar question

Z06

2005 Rubicon. Have OME springs and shocks. JKS adjustable track bar. Savvy adjustable control arms. Just installed Savvy tummy tuck. Set bump stops with springs out. Tires centered at full stuff. JKS track bar is hitting tank skid and cross member long before full up travel is used up. Anyone with experience know if Currie bar will clear. Mrblaine mentioned in a recent thread that the JKS bar was a problem. Would like to confirm before spending another $400.

I have heard the same, but like you have a JKS bar.

I have an LJ so my pinion angle is less severe, but I still have the angled track bar bracket which is supposed to help. However, my JKS bar just starts to kiss the tank skid support at the same time as my bump stops make contact with 2.75" of extension. Since the shocks are setting my bump stop anyway the track bar isn't costing me any travel, though I would want to address it to get the benefit of a shock outboard and upper spring perch relocation.

What's interesting is I don't remember seeing that interference as early on my 99 TJ. I know the gas tank skid changed in '03 so I don't know if that's related, or the reduced pinion angle is raising the axle end of the track bar enough to make the difference. On the 99, I could get to 2" of bump stop before the track bar started causing trouble, and even then it was the bracket hitting the floor, not the bar hitting the tank support.

Last edited:
Tires centered at full stuff.

Just saw this part. I didn't center my tires in the wheelwell, I centered my lower bump pad on the upper bump cup. Didn't even look at the tires position in the wheelwell.

Centered like this?
20201024_160948.jpg

2005 Rubicon. Have OME springs and shocks. JKS adjustable track bar. Savvy adjustable control arms. Just installed Savvy tummy tuck. Set bump stops with springs out. Tires centered at full stuff. JKS track bar is hitting tank skid and cross member long before full up travel is used up. Anyone with experience know if Currie bar will clear. Mrblaine mentioned in a recent thread that the JKS bar was a problem. Would like to confirm before spending another $400.
I've got a similar problem. I have a Ruffstuff rear track bar. IIRc it's 1.5 DOM. The track bar contacts a gas tank skid plate bolt, well before the bumps come into play. I'm running a 3" Teraflex lift w/a TT. If you figure it out, please let me know. Good luck

I believe that the bend in the currie tb helps. Mine barely clears with similar set up, not rubi and with a rear tb bracket that was installed by the po and does not angle forward as much as the currie bracket that is still on my bench. I had some back & forth with @JMT as we were doing our savvy tt at the same time. He may have some insight as to how he solved it ( Core bar iirc)
How is the wheel centering in the well?

Reactions: JMT
Pinion angle is likely pretty steep as a result of the TT, which in turn is causing the tb to be pushed back. You could try lowering the pinion angle a bit, or until you get ds vibes. How much bump stop extension are you running?

Reactions: JMT
I needed 2" bump extensions to keep my RC bar from hitting the cross member, but I have a mild TT (1").

Pinion angle is likely pretty steep as a result of the TT, which in turn is causing the tb to be pushed back. You could try lowering the pinion angle a bit, or until you get ds vibes. How much bump stop extension are you running?
2”

I believe that the bend in the currie tb helps. Mine barely clears with similar set up, not rubi and with a rear tb bracket that was installed by the po and does not angle forward as much as the currie bracket that is still on my bench. I had some back & forth with @JMT as we were doing our savvy tt at the same time. He may have some insight as to how he solved it ( Core bar iirc)
How is the wheel centering in the well?
Wheel is centered. Had move axle forward with lower arms to achieve that.

4ED0F410-6723-4CA3-BB68-A74B40C256BE.jpeg

8D34E5CF-B40A-4B83-B119-E0000CA53601.jpeg

Last edited:
The interference that’s causing the most trouble is bar hitting the cross member.
I had to cut part of the gas tank crossmember to get my Core 4x4 Tier 4 to work with my Savvy tuck.

4058133A-D073-4D52-BB35-EF06A0D5E342.jpeg

428D8D36-B0C3-4563-8D30-358BA203E14C.jpeg

I have considered doing that although I would prefer buying the Currie bar and selling the JKS if the Currie will clear.
Currie angled trackbar bracket and Rear trackbar is the ticket. I just wasn’t going to spend another $400. 🙄

Ended up modifying track bar. Will weld on half section of larger tube to stiffen bar back. Will also weld plate inside of opening. Will also have to modify tail pipe. That would have to be done with Currie bar also from what I have read.

C7F49A1E-0784-4688-B742-76F59840AE8A.jpeg

35DE1DFF-A995-4E19-8996-B8980B85E182.jpeg

3194EF6D-6541-4DCB-B841-7AFB239E508F.jpeg