Rear Track Bar Stuck in Axle Mount

lBasket

Branch Manager
Supporting Member
Heya, couldn't find anyone else having the same issue. I'm trying to remove the axle side of my rear trackbar to install the OME relocation bracket with my 2" lift. I've gotten the bolt out but still can't get the track bar out? I've tried jacking the axle up and down all over at different angles and pulling on it, hitting with hammer, but it's not moving. Not sure why it's even stuck. Is there a trick to getting it to unbind from the bracket?

It can bind, perhaps a shot of Liquid Wrench could help. Its mounting bolt will be tighter if the axle is drooping and pulling on the track bar.

Reactions: lBasket
It can bind, perhaps a shot of Liquid Wrench could help. Its mounting bolt will be tighter if the axle is drooping and pulling on the track bar.
Thanks, I'll try that. The bolt is already out, I had to use a pry bar to get it out. Seems like I'm having a hard time finding where the axle "should" be to prevent the TB from binding - I've been moving it around all kinds of ways for the bolt and now to get it out of the bracket with no success... Could it help trying to use a ratchet strap to pull the axle to the driver or passenger side? It looks centered under the jeep but maybe that's a trick

Okay I'm dumb. Over an hour of trying to get the axle side out... unbolted and removed the frame side and it just slid right out. Think before hammering next time.
Ha yeah same stuff happens to me way too often, good job finally figuring it out without having to drag the plasma cutter out lol.

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket
Okay I'm dumb. Over an hour of trying to get the axle side out... unbolted and removed the frame side and it just slid right out. Think before hammering next time.

Binding is a real issue on the rear trackbar. I couldn't get the bolt out so I went with the pneumatic BFH approach:

PXL_20210312_234847103.jpg

That's the air hammer bit wedge in with no way to hammer it back out due to the gas tank skid. After removing the axle completely, it made NO difference how I tried to get it out, it was STUCK. Had to cut it out:

PXL_20210313_181028613.jpg

Air hammer and I haven't had the best relationship since I bought it. A few times it works great, more often I try to use it to speed up a task and it doesn't work or makes the situation worse.... Still learning where to use the tool at the right time. 🤣

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I had to cut mine out last week also what a pain in the arse it was finally had to cut it out too. My rear upper track bolt and bolt sleeve corroded together. I beat the living hell out of that bolt with a mini sledge and nothing then had to use an angle grinder, which I should have pulled out sooner. Oh well live and learn.

Reactions: FarFire70