Rear window body seals for sides that seal when window closes

VicM

Hello. I'm having a hard time finding the metal or plastic (?) seals that are bolted onto the body on the sides. My Jeep LJ 2006 did not come with them and it's always let sound and now water through, additionally is a security issue. I've recently seen other Jeeps with them and I have no idea why mine did not come with them, but now I know they exist and I can't find them online anywhere. Can someone please help me out? They apparently screw into the body on the left and right sides and the widow closes over them. Thanks for any help.

Are you talking about where the side windows clip into the top of the tub?

Are you talking about where the side windows clip into the top of the tub?
Possibly. It's on the metal, in the back, for a hard top.
IMG_20200306_160937343.jpg
CAA4FBFD-3C4A-4650-A64C-49ADBA340727 (1).jpeg

Ah, hose are the tailgate bar brackets for the soft top rear window. I don’t know if there are any differences in them from early TJ‘s to later TJ’s. I’ve heard there are difference between factory ones and ones from Bestop, but I don’t know personally if that’s true or not. Just heard it was all.

Here’s some OEM ones on eBay. Might search around for some in better shape with hardware.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=393066868546

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Thanks guys. I'll get a new seal. I just thought since some people had them on hard tops, I missed out on something, like in the pictures I referenced.
Also my Jeep was broken into and stolen almost two years ago, so I wondered how they got in. Seems like they had a stock key because there was no damage the the windows or locks.

Yeah my rear window doesn’t close all the way when those are on. I just replaced my window hinges and the seal along the bottom of the glass yesterday and messed around with those. There are still some small gaps at those lower corners that I am tackling But probably won’t cause much of an issue.

Yeah my rear window doesn’t close all the way when those are on. I just replaced my window hinges and the seal along the bottom of the glass yesterday and messed around with those. There are still some small gaps at those lower corners that I am tackling But probably won’t cause much of an issue.
I see. I guess mine is just getting old and I need to install a new strip. I live in the Pacific North West as well, so rain finds a way in, even if it's just from condensation from living in the clouds.

im having this same problem. where can i find that seal?

Hello. I'm having a hard time finding the metal or plastic (?) seals that are bolted onto the body on the sides. My Jeep LJ 2006 did not come with them and it's always let sound and now water through, additionally is a security issue. I've recently seen other Jeeps with them.
Some will tell you the original (soft top) brackets also help hold the rear glass shut. True or not, replacement ones are not usually the right size. Either way, with my brackets off, my window stays shut just fine.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Some will tell you the original (soft top) brackets also help hold the rear glass shut. True or not, replacement ones are not usually the right size. Either way, with my brackets off, my window stays shut just fine.
I've never had an OEM hardtop, but does the seal have some kind of molded rubber that is supposed to fit on those metal brackets to help the glass shut or something? Just curious because I've heard the same things about them helping hold the glass shut.

It's the plastic part of the trim that attaches to the glass that 'snaps' into the bracket. Not even sure if an aftermarket trim piece is made to the exact oem size to fit into the original brackets.
I could check that. I think I still have the original ones that came on the jeep.
Can't use the old ones because they won't work with my new soft top; and can't leave the new ones on because they won't work with my hardtop. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MountaineerTom
It's the plastic part of the trim that attaches to the glass that 'snaps' into the bracket. Not even sure if an aftermarket trim piece is made to the exact oem size to fit into the original brackets.
I could check that. I think I still have the original ones that came on the jeep.
Can't use the old ones because they won't work with my new soft top; and can't leave the new ones on because they won't work with my hardtop. :rolleyes:
Oh, I see.

Of all things, you'd think the aftermarket companies could make those little brackets the same size as OEM.