Rear Window / Soft Top Zipper Problem

James

Hey guys. I've got a 2006 TJ with the original soft top and I've never had problems with it until this week. I was putting the top back up and when I put the rear window in, the teeth in the zipper separated from the top, leaving an opening about 6 inches long. I wrestled with it about an hour to get the window back out, and now every time I try to put it in the teeth on the left side of the zipper separate between the window and the soft top. I've looked over both sides of the zipper a dozen times and I don't see any obvious problems. Has anyone had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zippers- Keeping the zipper cleaned and lubricated with a silicone lubricant will help prevent damage and keep the zipper in a smooth working condition. If a zipper opens behind the slider, the slider may have been spread apart. This problem can usually be repaired by using an ordinary pair of pliers to bring the sides back into parallel . Return slider to the end of the zipper in the normal open position. Squeeze lightly at first and test the zipper. If the zipper continues to remain open squeeze more firmly with the pliers and try the zipper again. Repeat this procedure until the zipper operates correctly.

hope this helps

Reactions: StG58
Yep my zipper was really hard and I lubed the heck out of it works so much better now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk