Rear window weatherstriping

Larry Hall

Where is the best place to buy the rear window and tailgate weatherstriping for a 2003 TJ with a hardtop and is it hard to replace?

Is this the weather stripping that attaches to the tailgate, that the hard top rear glass lift gate sits on? My the piece on my 03 is worn out on the left side/opening side.

I put car door edge trim on my tailgate & it holds the glass nice & tight...black or chrome can be found at any auto parts store ...AutoZone O'reillys Advanced ...fast easy cheap

Since we’re on the topic. What keeps the plastic trim on the bottom of the glass from coming off?
The top a just picked up seems to be pressure fit. But otherwise can be easily removed and put back on.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I added thin grey weather stripping over the existing seal and that helped but it looked tacky. So i decided to paint it and it looked good and now the glass sticks to it 50% of the time when I open the glass :/

I also have the problem where when you shut the doors the glass likes to pop open just a little bit in the corner. On another thread they said to use this on the top lip of the gate and it makes a good tight fit now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019RXHYVS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

My hardtop seal was also completely compressed but you can't find any that fit the LJ (even though they say they do they don't). So I bought some extra thick spongy grey weather stripping and put it right on top of the old and and voila... new seal.

I've got the leak in the rear corner down to very small and I'm hoping the rear glass seal will completely eliminate it.

I had to replace the rear glass on my 97 TJ. New window didn't come with the trim at the bottom. Anyone happen to have a link for the trim that goes on the bottom of the rear glass?

Reactions: Chris