Rear Wiper Will Not Stop

Twax

Hey everyone!
New to the forum. I would appreciate any help. Bought a used factory hardtop and installed a new Mopar hardtop wiring kit. The wiper motor runs non stop. I read that maybe the motor contacts were shot. I replaced the rear wiper motor and still have the same problem. The motor runs non stop. Is it possible the new harness has a short or that the new electrical parts are defective.... Thanks.

Sorry, I did not intend to post this in how to... I will delete and repost as soon as I figure out how...

No worries, I moved it for you. It's all good!

Hey everyone!
New to the forum. I would appreciate any help. Bought a used factory hardtop and installed a new Mopar hardtop wiring kit. The wiper motor runs non stop. I read that maybe the motor contacts were shot. I replaced the rear wiper motor and still have the same problem. The motor runs non stop. Is it possible the new harness has a short or that the new electrical parts are defective.... Thanks.

So the wiper motor runs non-stop regardless of whether the rear wiper switch is on or off? If so, that means you're getting a constant power to the rear wiper motor, even when the switch is off. It's the duty of the switch to only supply power to the motor when you turn the switch to the on position.

That means it's mostly like a faulty switch if you ask me.

Thanks for getting this moved. I suppose it is possible the switch it the kit was bad. I assume it is NOS, since it had a 2005 date.

No problem! Anything is possible, but in your case I think it has to be the switch. You could prove or disprove this easily with a test light. Just figure out which wire has power, then flip the switch on and off and see if the test light goes on and off with it.

No problem, I look forward to hearing what you find!

Got it working this morning. I had constant power in 2 locations at the wiper motor harness with the switch in the off position... Took the switch out, gave it a few taps and then reintstalled it. Now everything works perfectly!!! I only have power at 1 location with the switch off (used to "park" the wiper) Who would have thought that the "new" switch would be stuck... I guess 12 years on a shelf somewhere will do funny things. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The switch seems to be operating fine now, but if it acts up again I know where to look first!

Got it working this morning. I had constant power in 2 locations at the wiper motor harness with the switch in the off position... Took the switch out, gave it a few taps and then reintstalled it. Now everything works perfectly!!! I only have power at 1 location with the switch off (used to "park" the wiper) Who would have thought that the "new" switch would be stuck... I guess 12 years on a shelf somewhere will do funny things. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The switch seems to be operating fine now, but if it acts up again I know where to look first!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like typical Jeep electronics. I can't tell you how many stories I've read where someones gas gauge or instrument cluster lights don't work, and all they have to do is hit the dash and they start working again.