Recommendations for hard top storage rack?

209Wrangler

Supporting Member
What’s up everyone. I’m looking for everyone’s recommendations on hard top storage racks. There’s a ton on the market and looking for the pros and cons if there are any..

D4AD872E-EFD3-4EF3-AC76-F7832F82FEFD.jpeg

I’m still confused with what you want. For hardtop removal and storage I use a harken hoist.

Ok I'll answer the actual question:

Depends on what you're after. I have a garage where I use the hoist method and the hardtop stores up and out of the way and it doesn't bother me. You could also make your own, there are several made from wood with wheels on the bottom so you can move it around if it's in the way. Space is an issue there. Last resort I guess is to buy a couple saw horses from Home Depot and a tarp. Store it on the side yard and cover it to protect it a little.

Some will also tell you that once it's off and you get a replacement top, like an NX from Bestop, you'll wanna sell the hardtop. Again, lots of factors and in the end, you do you!

• USA Proud
Reactions: 209Wrangler
Ok I'll answer the actual question:

Depends on what you're after. I have a garage where I use the hoist method and the hardtop stores up and out of the way and it doesn't bother me. You could also make your own, there are several made from wood with wheels on the bottom so you can move it around if it's in the way. Space is an issue there. Last resort I guess is to buy a couple saw horses from Home Depot and a tarp. Store it on the side yard and cover it to protect it a little.

Some will also tell you that once it's off and you get a replacement top, like an NX from Bestop, you'll wanna sell the hardtop. Again, lots of factors and in the end, you do you!

Space is definitely an issue in my household, and I’ve seen the racks that kind of prop the hardtop up at like a 60° angle and was curious if anyone had any bad experiences with those types, although I do like the idea of just getting a couple sawhorses and putting it in the backyard with a tarp

Yeah those little wood carts are pretty convenient with the way you can move them around at will. They are more like at a 90 degree so if you can put it in such a way it still allows a car to pull in your garage, that may work for you. Good luck! There are worse problems to have...

• Haha
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/folding-roof-rack-for-tj.44123/#post-751660

Sorry, misunderstood. There are lots of examples of racks and hoists etc on here. Most homemade, easy. D

Liked this guy's hoist.

Really like a yellow Jeep, and JK wheels.

Thanks brotha🤙🏼. i saw these wheels on a thread somewhere else and loved it. It looked funny at first till I bought the H&R spring kit. Gave it about a 1.25” lift over stock and the 18s raised it up as well. Pretty clean look. I appreciate the compliment. My mother passed in Jan and i inherited it . She was Original owner. Here’s a pic of when i got it back to California. Drove it straight theu from Missouri

IMG_5845.jpeg

1 downside to storing it like I do is you have to do something with your rear window. I dont like to clutter up my garage too much so I take advantage of an extra bathroom we have, jeep shower:
Shower.jpg