Recommendations for mud flaps (front and rear)?

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
I want to get some mud flaps for my Jeep to limit the amount of spray, both on the vehicle from the front tires and on other vehicles on the highway. Does anyone have any good recommendations on what to get? Pros and Cons of running them? I am considering the MOPAR ones for the front (part # 82202304) but the matching rear has been long discontinued. Are the rears like these that are cut to size (and billed to be easy to remove if needed) any good?

I've honestly never seen a TJ with them. I shouldn't say this because I don't want to criticize your want for them, but it seems they'd look quite out of place and frankly kind of dumb. I'd rather deal with whatever I get, than install them.

I think your Jeep would look better dirty than with mud flaps.

Wish I could help. Thought I was going to have to get mudflaps when I moved to WA, but I haven't seen any Jeeps with them.

Thanks. Aren't these are the hard molded kind? I think I like the softer rubber ones better but if these work better I'll consider getting them.

Yeah, they're molded but that's the only ones that came up in the search. For rubber mud flaps you're probably limited to aftermarket. I assume you're looking for these:

4WD_82202305-OL.jpg

Yeah, they're molded but that's the only ones that came up in the search. For rubber mud flaps you're probably limited to aftermarket. I assume you're looking for these:

View attachment 125322

Yes. Those rears are long gone, but fronts are still available new from many places. I wish I could get a rear set, even used.

I use these (roadworthy requirement in Ass-tralia) They are a bit of a PNTA to fit up although worth it as you can remove them for the more hardcore trails.

View attachment 125323

View attachment 125324

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12541_100_07.htm
I use the same flaps for the same reason. I made brackets out of tube steel to hold them. I'm going to remake the brackets using stainless steel. I take them off for off-road but it's courteous to other drivers when it is snowing.

Reactions: Wombat
I take them off for off-road but it's courteous to other drivers when it is snowing.
Nice! Courtesy rarely hurts although it's hard to swallow when it costs you a bunch, having said that mine are probably not low enough to do much good but they keeps the wallopers off my case.
Many of us just flaunt laws & regulation without any thought of why they were introduced - old mates windscreen traveling behind you is always at risk of damage when you don't run flaps (in all weather) and at high speed our AT tires tend to throw stones more then standard or MT's - mind you it would be great if you could hit a button to retract them incab, if not only to show disrespect to tailgating Muppets on the freeway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant Lasson
Yes. Those rears are long gone, but fronts are still available new from many places. I wish I could get a rear set, even used.
If the carbon canister is located behind the right rear wheel well liner like my 2005, there's no place to mount that model. Something could be fabricated to make it work if you had the resources. The left rear mounted okay. I have the fronts and they do what they're supposed to do. Wide fenders help also.

If the carbon canister is located behind the right rear wheel well liner like my 2005, there's no place to mount that model. Something could be fabricated to make it work if you had the resources. The left rear mounted okay. I have the fronts and they do what they're supposed to do. Wide fenders help also.

Thanks. This is very useful to know. Could you post a photo of your Jeep with the fronts mounted, please?

I've honestly never seen a TJ with them. I shouldn't say this because I don't want to criticize your want for them, but it seems they'd look quite out of place and frankly kind of dumb. I'd rather deal with whatever I get, than install them.
True. I don’t ever recall a tj with standard mud flaps although I see a lot of guys using rocktamer flaps that mount the hitch receiver. Their intended purpose are for towing trailers but I never see them towing lol. Maybe it’s a ghost trailer🤔🤪