Recommendations on shipping a Jeep

Another option I haven't seen, but I've done for some friends before...

Pay a close friend/family member to fly out, and drive it home!

I went 1000 miles round-trip to buy a car for a family member, made a road trip out of it, and got paid gas + food + $300.
Worth every penny. :ROFLMAO:

- then again, i'm still young and stupid. I was in it for the adventure. -

Reactions: P man
I used Uship and it was a good experience. For my TJ purchase I flew out to Florida and drove it back to Ohio.

Personal opinion. Find something a little closer you can easily fly to that fits the total budget this one might cost you, total might be a better deal. Find a neighbor or his mature just graduating from HS kid, or something like that to pick it up that would like to take a plane ride and drive a Jeep. Yep you could buy them a one way airline ticket that they may have never experienced, or sounds like you could fly him/or her in a "Piper" they might have never experienced to take them and you to an in person look before handing over $ to purchase and then give him/her enough gas money and a $100 bill to eat at Micky D's and take a nap in the back seat to bring it back to you. Just a thought from a 14gal/hr PA-235 owner. Fun costs money, how much ya want to have. Ha

I would suspect the one you were looking at might not be the last one you can find that might also fit you. Again, JMO Let is know how it all works out in the end.

Last edited:
Also, it has been my experience, expect shipping offers for at least the next 3-4 months after sending STOP multiple times. Shiesh, Too many computer stuffs in our lives.

Guess I should also explain my Avitar. Also have a Zenith 801 I "Drive" around just for fun also. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Starting
Personal opinion. Find something a little closer you can easily fly to that fits the total budget this one might cost you, total might be a better deal. Find a neighbor or his mature just graduating from HS kid, or something like that to pick it up that would like to take a plane ride and drive a Jeep. Yep you could buy them a one way airline ticket that they may have never experienced, or sounds like you could fly him/or her in a "Piper" they might have never experienced to take them and you to an in person look before handing over $ to purchase and then give him/her enough gas money and a $100 bill to eat at Micky D's and take a nap in the back seat to bring it back to you. Just a thought from a 14gal/hr PA-235 owner. Fun costs money, how much ya want to have. Ha

I would suspect the one you were looking at might not be the last one you can find that might also fit you. Again, JMO Let is know how it all works out in the end.

I have Decided to stay focused on ones closer to me. You have to be fast to get a good one.

I love the Dakota but it’s been almost 20 years since I’ve flown one. They are keepers.

Reactions: 801 Driver
Also, it has been my experience, expect shipping offers for at least the next 3-4 months after sending STOP multiple times. Shiesh, Too many computer stuffs in our lives.

Guess I should also explain my Avitar. Also have a Zenith 801 I "Drive" around just for fun also. Good luck to you.
Fortunately the calls etc have dropped off from the shipping companies or I guess I should say the brokers. I’ll think twice about doing that again.

The 801 looks fun! It’s like a jeep of the sky!

Random but I work 90% remote for a company in Pryor, and pass through Chouteau twice a month. I worked on site for 10 years and lived in Pryor for about half that.