Recommendations on which brand of harmonic balancer to go with?

BoldlyGoing

TJ Addict
So begins another chapter in the never ending cycle known as TJ/LJ ownership...

I had a squealing belt on Friday on the way to work. No worries thought I! To amazon! So I ordered a lovely new Gates belt.

It arrived this morning and I put it on. Let the Jeep run for about 10 minutes and all seemed well.

So, I headed out to run some errands when all the sudden, about 2 miles from home I no longer had power steering. Oh bother...

So, I jumped out and re-ran the belt. Fired it up and poof- belts off again.

Further investigation revealed that the plastic/rubber portion of the pulley for the harmonic balancer appears to be appears to be walking off the metal pushing the balancer out of alignment. So I limped home running the motor only to crest hills then coasting down. Good times...

So, clearly that needs work.

Any one have a reccomendation on brands? I have a pulled somewhere in the garage, so i’ll Just need the appropriate bolts to mate it to the pulley. If anyone has that info, I’d appreciate it.

Pulley gore below. Note the ~1/2” out of alignment on the HB pulley below the fan pulley

I bought an OEM Mopar crankshaft harmonic balancer from one of the mopar parts distribution websites. Part number was 33002920AC for my 2005 6cyl engine.

Reactions: cpwolf