Recommended available thermal insulation?

mousehunter

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've read quite a few insulation threads. Have decided to put in a layer of acoustic insulation, but recognize that it will not help with heat. I figured while I had everything torn apart, I might as well add in thermal insulation as well. The standard for that seemed to be carinsulation.com. Sadly, I can not get their website checkout to work. Their ebay sight is empty, their Amazon site appears to be empty as well. No posts on their facebook for 9 months or so. Tried calling, got a call back from someone who said it was the wrong number. So far, I have not gotten an email response - but at this point I am not really expecting one.

So looking into similar products. Amazon recommended this AES Car Insulation and US Energy Products seems similar. Has anyone tried one of these, or some other than has worked well for keeping feet and center console from baking?

Reactions: imahnu
I've read quite a few insulation threads. Have decided to put in a layer of acoustic insulation, but recognize that it will not help with heat. I figured while I had everything torn apart, I might as well add in thermal insulation as well. The standard for that seemed to be carinsulation.com. Sadly, I can not get their website checkout to work. Their ebay sight is empty, their Amazon site appears to be empty as well. No posts on their facebook for 9 months or so. Tried calling, got a call back from someone who said it was the wrong number. So far, I have not gotten an email response - but at this point I am not really expecting one.

So looking into similar products. Amazon recommended this AES Car Insulation and US Energy Products seems similar. Has anyone tried one of these, or some other than has worked well for keeping feet and center console from baking?

I’ve used the noico vibration dampener with a sound insulation added ontop of it and covered those with the bed rug kit and I get very little heat coming through. Pretty much only notice it if I touch the bed rug and don’t feel any radiant heat for the most part.

Not a direct answer to your question but just wanted to throw in that you might not need that.

I used CSI 25070 thermal insulation and a liberal amount of foil tape. I have been happy with it. I have Bedrug installed and before adding the insulation my Jeep was almost unbearable to drive. After the insulation I can feel the carpet on the transmission tunnel and it is barely warm.

20210503_205250.jpg

Has anyone tried one of these, or some other than has worked well for keeping feet and center console from baking?
I used some similar foil-foam-foil heat insulation after the hot tunnel melted the mass backing on my carpet. It hasn't been a problem since.

I had a lot of luck with DEI tunnel shield. I put it around the transmission tunnel on my last transmission lap. Helps! A bedrug would be better in my bedlinered Jeep. Just replaced the cherry bomb...most of my cab noise is wind leaking around the soft top door uppers against the hard top.

-Mac

Reactions: srimes