Recommended brand for clutch master / slave replacement

02SteelBlue

TJ Enthusiast
In my ongoing shifting saga, I took a look at the clutch fluid. Pretty nasty. Still has the DOT 3 fluid density, but theres a lot of funk in there.

Thinking this will be my project next weekend, so ordering the parts this week.

Is there a brand that's recommended?

Thanks

Just get one that is complete as one assembly, they are bled already. Usually the crud in the fluid is moisture related.

RockAuto has the Luk brand for $85, though it doesn’t say if it’s pre-filled and bled or not. They have some other options , all around $100 or less

What brand did you end up going with? I’m doing new trans fluid soon and would like to go ahead and replace my master/slave at the same time for peace of mind.

Reactions: rubicube
Update for those interested:

The Luk kit went in just fine. The only issue is when I went to start it, the neutral safety switch didnt push in far enough to get the Jeep started. A few rubber washers behind it, and the problem was fixed.

I didnt have much time to drive it after installation, so I'll have to update about whether or not it fixed my shifting problem later in the week.

Reactions: ranger101
Update for those interested:

The Luk kit went in just fine. The only issue is when I went to start it, the neutral safety switch didnt push in far enough to get the Jeep started. A few rubber washers behind it, and the problem was fixed.

I didnt have much time to drive it after installation, so I'll have to update about whether or not it fixed my shifting problem later in the week.
Well I'll be dipped! I didn't know there was a neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal. Well I learned something new today.

Well I'll be dipped! I didn't know there was a neutral safety switch on the clutch pedal. Well I learned something new today.
Well, I guess you can be dipped all you want. I'm guessing that part isn't what I thought it was.

Whatever item is on the rod to the master cylinder wasn't getting fully pushed in when I pushed the clutch in. Make sense? Didn't think so.

I think the installation video I watched referred to it as the neutral safety switch. Apologies if that's incorrect.

Well, I guess you can be dipped all you want. I'm guessing that part isn't what I thought it was.

Whatever item is on the rod to the master cylinder wasn't getting fully pushed in when I pushed the clutch in. Make sense? Didn't think so.

I think the installation video I watched referred to it as the neutral safety switch. Apologies if that's incorrect.
No need to apologize. I was serious that I learned something new. Provides the same safety feature as the Neutral safety switch on an automatic. I watched a video from Bleepin' Jeeps showing you how to disable the switch. You live and you learn.

Does anyone know if there's a difference between early and late model clutch hydraulics? I'm looking into the LUK CRS011 kit and the application guide shows this is only for 2000-2002 model years. I have 1998 and am wondering if they are all the same between years?