Reheat burgers under the hood? Other trail food included

Apparition

Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Was talking the other day with the gf, she mentioned grilling burgers the night before and taking them out on the trail.

I’m not eating a cold burger if I don’t have to. That got me thinking about all the burrito eaters that heat them in the engine bay.

Has anyone ever wrapped burgers in foil for an engine reheat?

Are there any other good ideas for engine heated trail food?

I've heated up MRE's (before they had the heater packs in them) on the engine of my bomb lift truck during deployments. LOL
That MJ1 jammer works like a charm for some hot cheese sauce!

I used to do this all the time when I was fixing cars on flat rate. I'd keep my food in foil and just rest it on the exhaust manifold.

It never works like you think it will. Re heating a burrito on a manifold like the guys did back in the day is different from putting one in the engine bay;
1. its got to be in foil and ON the manifold, most meals like this were on heavy equipment that wasn't blazing trails.
2. Just tossing it in the engine bay wont warm it up, only breed bacteria

It never works like you think it will. Re heating a burrito on a manifold like the guys did back in the day is different from putting one in the engine bay;
1. its got to be in foil and ON the manifold, most meals like this were on heavy equipment that wasn't blazing trails.
2. Just tossing it in the engine bay wont warm it up, only breed bacteria
Sure seems like my engine bay is plenty hot.

• Angry
Reactions: Thunderhead
That MJ1 jammer works like a charm for some hot cheese sauce!

I used to do this all the time when I was fixing cars on flat rate. I'd keep my food in foil and just rest it on the exhaust manifold.

Absolutely! (y)

It is plenty hot, its just the transfer of heat wont heat anything up unless there is contact with a heat source. Even then it will take some rotation but I digress, have fun with those burgers
I didn’t say I was going to do it. I’ve never even tried it with a burrito, just asking the more experienced with this endeavor.

Reactions: Thunderhead
there's actually a book on this
51M1ioidl3L.jpg

Reactions: Apparition