Remember when

I remember all of those except adding only one speaker in the back. For me it was always AM radio until I saved up enough money to go to RadioShack for a stereo and TWO, yes TWO, 6 x 9s. Actually, now that I think about it, my very first car never even had an AM radio from the factory so it took a little longer to save up the extra money to also get an antenna.
My first car was a 67 chevelle with AM only. The first mod was a AM/FM converter by Audiovox.

Vintage-Am-Car-Radio-Fm-Converter.jpg

Remember A&W? You drove up in your car. They take your order and come out and hang the tray on your window that you roll up slightly. Loved the cold root beer in those cold mugs!
We get A&W root beer in a can here...but its not the same. :( Last time I was the US the people I was staying with made some homemade stuff in a big plastic rubbish (garbage) bin...it was sooooo good.

How about those steel steering wheels, like @Squatch mentioned, with the separate horn you had to push, not one hidden behind a plastic panel, in front of an airbag with something called a clock spring...

1543987544318.png

When you pushed that sucker, people knew you were coming. You could also stick things to the dash with magnets.

Here's one I didn't see. Fender top turn signal indicators.

A friend of mine had a Plymouth Grand Fury, but the bottom of the y was broken off. We called it the Grand Furu. It had the signal indicators.

1969_Dodge_Monaco_500_HT,_blue - Copy.jpg

1969_Dodge_Monaco_500_HT,_blue.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
Here's one I didn't see. Fender top turn signal indicators.

A friend of mine had a Plymouth Grand Fury, but the bottom of the y was broken off. We called it the Grand Furu. It had the signal indicators.

View attachment 66424
View attachment 66423
On the Dodge Charger somewhere mid to late 70’s the left front indicator was also used to remind you to drive with a light, right foot. It was wired to a vacuum switch that would illuminate the light when the manifold vacuum dropped to a certain level. I don’t remember all the details.

Some owners thought it was an intermittent wiring issue that was turning on the light. Try trouble shooting that complaint as a newbie, independent mechanic, until you realize what’s happening

Reactions: MountaineerTom