Removing emission equipment and getting rid of vacuum lines

Jeep4life

Have a 99 4.0 is there a diagram that explains how to get ride of vacuum lines I don’t live in a smog state and want them gone 4.0 is fuel injection

I'm sure there is somewhere, but you are aware that removing emissions is against the law in ALL 50 states and that any LEO could have your vehicle impounded?

You had to know it was coming 😂

In all seriousness, I disabled my emission systems and planned to remove all of it on my previous TJ, but I wasn’t sure which vacuum lines and what I could get rid of, plug, etc.

I'll figure it out on this new TJ, with or without anyone else's help ;)

Reactions: Rick Flair
Hmmm...I have unfortunate luck of emissions falling off my diesel trucks. It sucks, one day they are gone, the truck runs better, has more power and is more efficient.

So, maybe you too someday will wake up and find that yours fell off. It’s like magic, only better.

Hmmm...I have unfortunate luck of emissions falling off my diesel trucks. It sucks, one day they are gone, the truck runs better, has more power and is more efficient.

So, maybe you too someday will wake up and find that yours fell off. It’s like magic, only better.

I don't know man, CNN has this "expert" named Greta Thunberg, and she would disagree with you ;)

Okay, I'll stop now, I don't want this thread to turn political :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
What are you hoping to achieve by removing the evap and emissions systems? It's a lot of work for very little reward.

FWIW I pulled my charcoal canister on my '97 since it was spitting charcoal chunks out, had already been "fixed" previously, and just routed the line from the fuel tank to the purge solenoid.

The last thing you want is your fuel system letting out gas vapors near a combustion source so be careful!

Reactions: Chris
I look at it as less shit to deal with. Those evap lines get old, brittle, and start to crack, cause CELs, etc.

I've dropped the tank a number of times, and I remember those little plastic lines. Preformed, hardly flexible, and just waiting to crack with age :ROFLMAO:

Nothing to gain, I'll admit that. But at the same time, things to simplify I suppose.

For what it's worth most of the emissions controls on the 4.0 dont really take away that much power. It isn't like a 1973 Corvette. Some of it even makes the thing run a little nicer. Obviously the catalytic converters take some power but that's just part of the system. I have an old Ford without any computers or emissions controls and honestly it's allot more work to keep it running right. Personally I didn't enjoy fixing the EVAP system on my Jeep but I think in the long run I'll get more miles out of it running the way they designed it to.

In regards to removing the cats (which I did on my old TJ), I can tell you that it's dramatically increases the sound from the engine.

Whhaaaaattttt!? Illegal. :cool:

• Love
I replaced my catalytic converters on Saturday. There is no way I Didn't install the 3rd cat. It's there and good to go.

Everybody should have been avoiding the emission equipment since day one. Just like we should have ignored the lock down.
I was going to go with a lock down joke too, you beat me to the punch. Here's mine.

"I'm telling my aunt CARB on you guys, she'd come after you but she's too afraid to leave home."