Removing the cats / down pipe?

Mine were very loose at the manifold. Not so at the muffler.
Mine seemed to be loose where they came out of the bottom of the pre cats.. the second time it happened is when I started getting more aggressive with the lock nuts and loctite... And added a hanger at the front of the system.

I was randomly searching the web and noticed is that quite a few people had that problem over the years and it seems that not having a hanger up around the front allows for more movement of the system.

Reactions: Ron Hall
Did you install new cats? My flowmaster source is looking questionable on reasonable delivery time. I am looking at the Eastern from Amazon merchant.
So I got eastern cats in just waiting for weather to get better to install. They look smaller but quality looks good. Third cat flange connection looks a bit offset hope it isn’t an issue. No clamp was included but you can get one at your local auto parts . O2 sensor ports look a little offset as well. Wish me luck lol. This is for my 2006 TJ 4.0

56346C40-1B16-44DD-A116-D402520F113C.jpeg

CA6E3B64-68D5-4C74-89F8-D115439F49CE.jpeg

DABB520C-52C4-4544-A34A-5FBE72A1261A.jpeg

5D1C15F9-04A5-4C2F-AEF8-6BD6B3DE718E.jpeg

Did you install new cats? My flowmaster source is looking questionable on reasonable delivery time. I am looking at the Eastern from Amazon merchant.
I didn't Ron..I don't think I had any issue other than loose bolts.

I'm sure everything will go fine.... You got this!! Get a helper to hold it up or start a bolt while you hold it. I had them all loosely on before I started tightening. I went back and check the nuts after a week or two.

I found the best spot was to lay parallel to the wheel with my feet out front LOL. It allowed me to get one arm around each side of the control arm. swearing helps too

Reactions: azroc909
So I got eastern cats in just waiting for weather to get better to install. They look smaller but quality looks good. Third cat flange connection looks a bit offset hope it isn’t an issue. No clamp was included but you can get one at your local auto parts . O2 sensor ports look a little offset as well. Wish me luck lol. This is for my 2006 TJ 4.0

View attachment 91472

View attachment 91473

View attachment 91474

View attachment 91475
I just realized these cats might not be OEM PO must have changed them at some point 🧐