Repair or replace soft top?

Bummer. Sorry to hear it happened to you too. I got lucky and a top popped up on ebay from the NISMOPAR.COM store. Looks like they occasionally get NOS parts and my timing was right. There is a JK one on there now, but no TJ top. Good luck in your search.

I was going to contact Bestop if I couldn't find one since they are the original manufacturer. That would be my second option. They never did reply to my emails on whether or not I could just get the top without windows.

Bummer. Sorry to hear it happened to you too. I got lucky and a top popped up on ebay from the NISMOPAR.COM store. Looks like they occasionally get NOS parts and my timing was right. There is a JK one on there now, but no TJ top. Good luck in your search.

I was going to contact Bestop if I couldn't find one since they are the original manufacturer. That would be my second option. They never did reply to my emails on whether or not I could just get the top without windows.
Appreciate your reply, thanks

Patched three locations. I used Gear Aid tenacious tape on one, used Black Hole Patch on the other two. Also used the Gear Aid sealant. I am going to keep this top on for a bit and see how this stuff holds up for future reference.

View attachment 181126

View attachment 181127

sifting through old posts as I'm about to patch a Bestop for the first time..... how did the combo Gear Aid tenacious tape & Gear Aid sealant hold up? Also, there are a few sealant options- which one did you use?

sifting through old posts as I'm about to patch a Bestop for the first time..... how did the combo Gear Aid tenacious tape & Gear Aid sealant hold up? Also, there are a few sealant options- which one did you use?

as it turns out, I had a small tear in our brand new soft top. about 1/4 inch or so. Small but definitely through and through. I happen to have a used Bestop bikini top that I used to create a small patch panel, and then I used E6000 adhesive based on the recommendation of some folks on this board. So far so good. It's already been through a few light rainstorms with nary an issue.

Reactions: MikekiM