Replace KC Lites?

DraykenK

Ok, I upgraded my Headlights to LED. My fog lights are KC. Not sure what model. But the bulb is this: 4206: http://www.kchilites.com/lens-reflector-6-fog-kc-4206.html

When I would turn them on, I could never tell hardly any difference. Altho, in all fairness, I think they are facing way too high, so they prolly just blended into the headlights. Well, the one bulb went out. And before replacing, I was wondering. Any chance I could convert over to LED? So they color would match? Instead of having white color Headlights, and yellowish halogen fogs. I don't want to spend too much, since I could probably get a cheap, complete LED foglight for under $50.
d821475931a9caca69c5d44baa5db1c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

...So they color would match? Instead of having white color Headlights, and yellowish halogen fogs. I don't want to spend too much, since I could probably get a cheap, complete LED foglight for under $50.View attachment 17745

Same boat here! Those are the same 7" headlights I'd like to cop as well. Except, mine will be an Amazon knock-off. Sorry, can't get myself to spit up that much dough for the JW's when my current combo does me fairly well.

I don't think replacement LEDs can take the place of the halogens. Certainly not in my current set of KC driving lights. That stated, Extreme Terrain sells a set of replacement halogen bulbs that are clearer. But I cannot confirm if they indeed are brighter and clearer.

These are the one's Im referring to:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxi...244v555d4xawygdjmpugyky15rt5t#customerReviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd suggest reaching out to KC customer service and see what they reccomend. I know they make an LED swap for the day lighters. They might have something that will work for your application too. We love our KC's!

Same boat here! Those are the same 7" headlights I'd like to cop as well. Except, mine will be an Amazon knock-off. Sorry, can't get myself to spit up that much dough for the JW's when my current combo does me fairly well.

I don't think replacement LEDs can take the place of the halogens. Certainly not in my current set of KC driving lights. That stated, Extreme Terrain sells a set of replacement halogen bulbs that are clearer. But I cannot confirm if they indeed are brighter and clearer.

These are the one's Im referring to:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxi...244v555d4xawygdjmpugyky15rt5t#customerReviews

Before u buy the knock offs, go to the headlight sticky they have here. There's a link to a YouTube page that reviews most of the lights. After watching them, and seeing how different the light output and patterns are, I couldn't see wasting money on any of the knockoffs. I really think those who have them, and are happy, never had a real set, or was able to do a side by side, besides seeing how bright they look, when looking AT them, not actually seeing how they look down the road. I was shocked how different they all are.

Also, I personally think if u have H4 Hella or the other, Ciby I think, and you're not caring about "looks", that they can perform as good or better, when using wiring harness and higher output bulbs. I'll be doing a review soon, and explain why.

I'll try to call KC. I rather not have to replace the housings, since they are in good shape. And kinda like the look. I haven't checked to see if they're 55 or 100w either.

@DraykenK - I know exactly the YouTube channel you're referring to. And they've made a lot of great points and deliver great reviews. But as with many Jeep accessory purchases that I have made, I've found that half of the things people trash weren't as 'bad' as they've been said to be. As well as items that were recommended that just weren't that great. With those LEDs, I have to see them myself to compare to what I currently run. I also agree with your statement, though: "those who are happy, never had a real set..." Lucky me, I've never had a real set ;)

Let us know if KC has anything. I don't want to get rid of my KC's. But unfortunately for me, there's no LED bulb or conversion for my set.

Bootleg JW's:
7" LED Headlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017B8NHEE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

@DraykenK - I know exactly the YouTube channel you're referring to. And they've made a lot of great points and deliver great reviews. But as with many Jeep accessory purchases that I have made, I've found that half of the things people trash weren't as 'bad' as they've been said to be. As well as items that were recommended that just weren't that great. With those LEDs, I have to see them myself to compare to what I currently run. I also agree with your statement, though: "those who are happy, never had a real set..." Lucky me, I've never had a real set ;)

Let us know if KC has anything. I don't want to get rid of my KC's. But unfortunately for me, there's no LED bulb or conversion for my set.

Bootleg JW's:
7" LED Headlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017B8NHEE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I agree, with what you're saying. Example, I just installed a Smittybilt rear bumper and tire carrier. And it went on smoothly, is built way better than what I thought it would be, considering how people hate them.

I guess for me, light pattern is more important than light output. That's the main reason why I didn't go with a knockoff. And now that I have replaced Hella H4 with the X Vision lights, which had some of the highest lumen output, and biggest spread, I now know the difference. And yes, it's brighter, but if I didn't want day time running halos, and could do it again, I would keep Hella H4, but get wiring harness and higher watt bulbs. These white lights are actually hard to get used to, lol.

I'll try to call KC. I rather not have to replace the housings, since they are in good shape. And kinda like the look. I haven't checked to see if they're 55 or 100w either.

The lens is the deal breaker. New led "fog" lights don't have the spread yours have. Meaning they reach out but not side to side like the OEM. H3 Leds have the color but it's hard to find the right length and lumens you need. I'd go for the halogen clear. Just compare the Kelvin.

20141105_062333.jpg
I'd look at AutoZone, Riley's or something like that and ask them. I ended up I found a pair of LED H3 bulbs that fit mine on eBay they work they're the right color but not real bright so I'm still looking. I'm kind of stubborn in that I'm going to keep looking for LEDs. Good luck, if you find something cool let me know.

Ah, that's a good reminder, Jerry. They did send me one bulb already, within the first year of ownership. Maybe they've got something brighter now. Doesn't hurt to reach out. But KC's are so well made and reputable + look great and even as a halogen, light up the road. Very hard to just sell off for any LED.