Replaced O2 sensors but check engine light won't go away

Rick Carter

My first Jeep bought to tow behind a motor home an tour country,my question is I bought this Jeep knowing it had been hit in the rear but found out the tank has a dent in it not to bad no leaks an everything works the problem the engine light will not reset an when checked with a scanner I get the 4 codes p0031,p0037,p0051,p0057 I replaced the 4 02 sensors an engine light will not go off. The dealer wants $175 to tell me the problem not to expensive my concern is they might tell me the dent is the cause .Any thoughts I would appreciate

Not installing NTK O2 sensors can cause problems, especially if they were Bosch O2 sensors which don't work properly in our Jeeps. Bad pre-catalytic converters can also cause issues that look like O2 sensors but are not. Replacing my 3 cats cured my intermittent O2 sensor codes that were also not cured with new O2 sensors.

The dent in the fuel tank shouldn't be an issue.

Have to disconnected the battery and let it sit disconnected for 10 minutes or so? That will reset the PCM and may make the check engine lights go away. Try it.