Replacement Bushings Rancho Rear Shocks

Mike Z

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone replaced the rear shock bushings on their Ranchos? The jeep has RS 55256 shocks.

I called Rancho and said that I have RS55256 shocks and need a replacement bushing kit. The tech guy said, "well, those bushings are pressed in at the factory and you will ruin them if you try to remove them." I told him that I didn't care if I damaged them on removal because I was replacing them. Then he proceeded to tell me that there isn't a replacement bushing.

I found RS545 replacement bushings that are for the Rancho rears and appear to be for the RS5000 series shocks. It would be swell if someone could confirm this is the correct replacement bushing since Rancho was zero help.

I thought they used a ultra common 5/8 hourglass bushing? If so every parts store around stocks them

Screenshot_20230214_144136_Chrome.jpg

Yes, pressed in. You'll find the press attached to the end of your arm.
I was surprised to be able to press those in to various shocks (didn't try Ranchos) with my thumb. Not always, but sometimes it was that easy, depending on the shock.

Reactions: Mike Z
I replaced the bushings on my RS9000 shocks many years ago and it was super easy. No idea if the bushings on yours are the same or not.

Appreciate all the responses. I’ll pick up a set of bushings tomorrow. (y)

Reactions: John Cooper