Replacement Lug Nuts for Alcoa Wheels

Mark K

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have run Alcoa Mickey Thompson forged aluminum Challenger wheels on my TJ for nearly 20 years. Long out of production. The lug nuts were specials, hollow and outside threaded for the chromed plastic nut covers. Handsome when installed, very rare now. I have lost some covers and others are cracked and peeling.

These wheels are lug centric and use conical seat bulge nuts. A long search for modern replacements led me to the Gorilla site, and I gambled on the 41188HTs. Not wanting ever to search again, I bought a box of 100 on Amazon, which was not much more expensive than the best deal I could find for the minimum of 23 (20 on the ground, 3 on the spare). One piece rather then two and the same 13/16” hex as the Alcoas.

I tested them on my spare and they fit perfectly and looked quite good. Today, I put new tires on the Jeep with these lug nuts. No loss of appearance at all and they are much easier to deal with than the two piece Alcoas. Put a small box of spares in the Mopar saddle bag in back. Figured the few of y’all who run Alcoas might want to know.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Next time you could post a question asking about these. I don't know what you paid but places like carid.com sells them for about $33 for a set, at least that's where I got mine. Maybe a bit more expensive per lug but you wouldn't have a bundle of them to sell next time. Quality stuff and I don't think they are Alcoa specific, you might just say they are gorilla Jeep lugs or 1/2-13 3/4" chrome acorn bulge.
lug.jpg

Change 1: The Gorilla 41188HT hex is 3/4, not 13/16. And photos of the Alcoa 2 piece nuts beside the Gorilla, right front wheel.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

I have Centerline forged Aluminum. I bought McGard lug nuts.

http://mcgard.com/automotive/lug-nutslug-bolts/
I have had them for years and they look as great as when they were new. But not only look good they are high quality. Always use a torque wrench. I have the famous Harbor Freight wrench.

I ell people I have high performance lug nuts.

(compared to the OEM crap!)!

Last edited: