Replacing lock on center console

High Line

I purchased this kit the other day because the hook on the bottom of mine was broken off, but now I can't figure out how to get my lock cylinder out of the black trim ringed piece. I know the tang on the cylinder has to turn around to line up with the opening in the body, but I can't figure out how to get it to do that. I saw a hole just under the side of the black trim ring and tried to stick a paper clip in there, but I never could get it to turn back to where the cylinder would come out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EIBRZBI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Doug

Mine has a torx screw in the back, remove it and the cylinder collar slides off.
Then it will slide in the console top, 20180605_182639.jpg if yours is like my 97 TJ that is..

Reactions: JMT
Thanks KC, but I took the screw out already. I'm trying to get the lock cylinder its self out of the piece that has the hook on it.
Gotcha, I tried to disassemble that as well.
I gave up, but it does seem like that tiny hole next to the black collar should have something or some trick to get that cylinder off

Reactions: JMT
@High Line, the new piece with the hook may fit your old cylinder and if so you dont have to remove the black ring.
I fixed mine just by oiling and adjusting the cover door slightly. And in the process found that..
If you remove the spring, the hook piece comes out, with a bit of maneuvering.
If I understand you right, you can replace the broken hook with the new hook without removing the black ring, at least it worked that way on mine.