Replacing Tires & Wheels

Little Red Rosy

I'm sure this is a an easy one for most and possibly answered somewhere so apologies for that and thanks in advance for any help.

Currently have:
Ecco Wheels
* 15x7 aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5.5"
* Offset = +38 mm

with
BF Goodrich All Terrain
30 x 9.5 R15

Question is: Can I replace with:

15 x 8 Wheels with 3.75 Backspace (and 31 x 10.5 Tires) with NO mods/lifts necessary?

The difference in backspacing (going from 5.5 to 3.75) is where I'm getting caught up. Just want to make sure it will work.

Again, thanks in advance.

Yes. With no lift, your tires may slightly rub on the bottom edge of the flares when the suspension compresses. Mine did in the rear before I put my lift on.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is a an easy one for most and possibly answered somewhere so apologies for that and thanks in advance for any help.

Currently have:
Ecco Wheels
* 15x7 aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5.5"
* Offset = +38 mm

with
BF Goodrich All Terrain
30 x 9.5 R15

15 x 8 Wheels with 3.75 Backspace (and 31 x 10.5 Tires) with NO mods/lifts necessary?

The difference in backspacing (going from 5.5 to 3.75) is where I'm getting caught up. Just want to make sure it will work.

The 3.75 back space moves the tire out. You should have no problems with that. In fact you could run the 5.5 inch back space and probably be ok

The 3.75 back space moves the tire out. You should have no problems with that. In fact you could run the 5.5 inch back space and probably be ok

Yes. With no lift, your tires may slightly rub on the bottom edge of the flares when the suspension compresses. Mine did in the rear before I put my lift on.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: MountaineerTom

Currently have:
Ecco Wheels
* 15x7 aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5.5"
* Offset = +38 mm

with
BF Goodrich All Terrain
30 x 9.5 R15

Of course. You can do whatever you want. You can do 38’s with no lift.