Reverse switch connection?

msaravitz

Fianlly getting around to getting my tub back on and I’m getting held up by not being able to find where the reverse light switch plugs into a harness. 99 2.5 ax-5. $10 via paypal to anyone who traces this thing and can tell me which harness it connects to and how that harness is routed to get there. Have already wasted almost a day on this. TIA.

I don't care about the $10 if this helps but my AX-15's reverse light connector was dangling down out of the harness that runs along the top of the underneath part of transmission tunnel.

Reactions: swisscheezex
I don't care about the $10 if this helps but my AX-15's reverse light connector was dangling down out of the harness that runs along the top of the underneath part of transmission tunnel.
What are some of the other connections this harness makes? Right now I only have one harness that goes under the tub. It connects the gastank, speed sensor, 4x4, etc. I feel like maybe im missing a second harness?

What are some of the other connections this harness makes? Right now I only have one harness that goes under the tub. It connects the gastank, speed sensor, 4x4, etc. I feel like maybe im missing a second harness?
The other connectors are for the optional automatic transmission which are there whether it came with an automatic or manual transmission. The harness you described is located on the driver's side frame, the wiring harness I am talking about is positioned up near the top of the underside of the transmission hump.

The other connectors are for the optional automatic transmission which are there whether it came with an automatic or manual transmission. The harness you described is located on the driver's side frame, the wiring harness I am talking about is positioned up near the top of the underside of the transmission hump.
This is a picture when I took my tub off, i highlighted the only harness i have that goes under my tub right now. Of course the reverse switch is hidden enough that i cant tell if its unplugged from a different harness that came off with the tub or plugged into the harness pictured. I found a plug that looks like it will fit perfectly but it’s on the harness that comes out of the firewall below the brake booster and doesnt look long enough to reach. Is that harness suppose to go under the tub, if so, how does it route its way under there?Thanks, and sorry for being a broken record.

85A231A2-3DA1-469B-B5BE-F1B799341254.jpeg

From the pdf parts list file. I would assume that it does come from the firewall. I would need to study the wiring diagram to know for sure.

This is just me thinking out loud....... neither the parking brake light nor the reverse lights will activate without the key in the on position. I would think they are part of that harness.

If it was me i would look for the harness that connects to the E-brake and see if that has the connector on it.

From the pdf parts list file. I would assume that it does come from the firewall. I would need to study the wiring diagram to know for sure.

This is just me thinking out loud....... neither the parking brake light nor the reverse lights will activate without the key in the on position. I would think they are part of that harness.

If it was me i would look for the harness that connects to the E-brake and see if that has the connector on it.
The harness that comes out of the firewall splits , the thicker part goes up the wall and over to to the pcm and then the other part is just dangling now, that part definitly has the plug. I just need to know where that part of the harness exactly goes once it comes into the engine bay. A picture would be perfect

The harness that comes out of the firewall splits , the thicker part goes up the wall and over to to the pcm and then the other part is just dangling now, that part definitly has the plug. I just need to know where that part of the harness exactly goes once it comes into the engine bay. A picture would be perfect

About the best i can do.
15361161614864901918553729536984.jpg
15361161854475981181453597545223.jpg
15361162025284391563934780288864.jpg
15361162454802256064184642748637.jpg
15361163383764158654024830847844.jpg