Revving idle problems

Jt223

Hello all,
So I had a couple of codes pop up a month or so ago. Misfire on cylinder 5, a couple of O2 sensors and a failure to reach idle code. I replaced spark plugs, O2 sensors, and things were good for a bit. Haven't thrown a code since. But I am having this weird revv problem. It runs fine for a couple of days then for one or two drive it will revv up to 3k then drop back to idle. It just does it over and over very methodically. It tries to do it regardless of if I'm in gear or not. Sometimes it holds at 3k and sometimes it just hangs at 2k but most of the time it just goes to 3k then drops repeatedly. I cleaned out the IAC with a can of throttle body cleaner the way it was prescribed in a video. Seemed thorough. It was okay for a week then went back to it. Still no codes. And I tried looking for a vacuum leak but no luck. I don't know if I should pursue the vacuum leak more or if I need to replace IAC or something else. Any help on what to look into would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at many threads but just can't seem to find a similar enough problem and I'm short on time with how busy life has been.

Has the intake manifold been off in recent history?

Sorry jerry, I don't know why but I didn't see a notification from your comment. I was looking too.
But incase anyone stumbles on this post with a similar problem I'll mention what fixed my problem. I first replaced the tps and it seemed to help but then went right back to it after half a week. Got even worse. Finally I unplugged the IAC and didn't change the idle. Then I removed the IAC and took a video of it while turning on the jeep and it didnt actuate. Then I multimeter tested the plug going to the iac. Not much information out there but it sounds like 2 of the 4 should have around 12 volts. And it did which seemed to mean that the wires and the pcm are good likely. So I replaced the IAC and it fixed that problem.