RHD Steering Upgrade

Eddieatx

Supporting Member
Hey Members want to get some suggestions for my RHD TJ, its time for new steering links upgrade, and seems I can't find good quality options like regular TJ can have, any intel would be a big help thanks in advance.

Hey Members
want to get some suggestions for my RHD TJ, its time for new steering links upgrade, and seems I can't find good quality options like regular TJ can have,
any intel would be a big help thanks in advance.
The currie currectlync is well liked here and a very strong upgrade. I cant seem to find it for your RHD. Give Currie enterprises a call and see what they have.

Your options are limited, that's for sure. I'm not sure what they are, but maybe someone will chime in.

Your options are limited, that's for sure. I'm not sure what they are, but maybe someone will chime in.
I hope so, just took me over a year to get the wiper motor for it. :) hopefully one of the RHD members here shares their experience.

generic parts are not too hard to get I was looking to upgrade to Steinjager Crossover Steering Kit or something like that style
I’d never looked at that until now. It’s just generic parts in a kit.
I assume the RHD is mirror image of LHD. As far as the other links, track bar etc. then I’m not seeing a reason you couldn’t use the Steinjager.

I’m in the process of replacing mine (bit wobbly and needs tightening up).
If you want just like for like, I got a RHD drag link and Track Bar from quadratec delivered here in NZ.
it’s the Crown brand (not sure how good they are but not much else out there)
For tie rods you can use lhd ones as they fit too. Same with the steering stabilizer
Cheers

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
I had a similar issue and didn't get much traction here so did the research myself.

There is a RHD kit on ebay here that is VERY expensive, but includes basically everything you need.

Complete Kit HD Steering Upgrade RHD (Aus)

It's about $800AUD delivered which is astronomical compared to the states, but getting orders off quadratec and even amazon over here from the US is so far proving to be a total nightmare.

This kit includes:
Drag Link + Tie Rod
Tie Rod
Tie Rod End
Adjusting Sleeve for both
Steering Damper - average non branded one. Not sexy like fox or anything.

I actually bought this yesterday myself and it's supposed to get here March 1. Will let you know what it looks like when it arrives. Not installing until March 14 probably though.

The drag link has a specific alignment with 90 degree angles reversed compared to the LHD (i think!) and the tie rod needs to clear the diff which is still in the same place on the axle on RHD + LHD, meaning the little kink in the tie rod needs to be at the other end. Again I am an absolute novice so hoping someone chimes in and corrects me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps. Suffice to say, my uncertainty is why I bought a kit that says RHD in the title and description, at least then I can send it back if it doesn't fit RHD haha.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
One of the few sellers of TJ parts in the UK carries this...

https://jeepey.com/product/heavy-duty-steering-kit-rhd-rt21006/
Not suggesting you buy it from the UK, but maybe you could contact Crown directly to see where you can get it in the US (RT is a sub brand of Crown isn't it?).

As a RHDer it would be great to capture all any any source of parts that differ from LHD to RHD TJs.

Last edited:
If you want just like for like, I got a RHD drag link and Track Bar from quadratec delivered here in NZ.
For tie rods you can use lhd ones as they fit too. Same with the steering stabilizer
Cheers
hey let me know how you like your setup after you got it install
cheers

Steinjager Crossover Steering Kit will not fit RHD that's a bummer I talk to adam in Steinjager and he confirms it so I think the only option is a crown product, any of the LHD guys here, do you guys like them any inputs and if you have 35s and 5-inch lift dose it holds it up?

Apparently the Synergy kit can be flipped for RHD use, as the ball joints at both ends of the drag link can be swung around.

https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-tjlj-xj-zj-mj-heavy-duty-steering-kit.html
As already suggested, the LHD tie rod will fit RHD TJ's. Crown also do a Heavy Duty RHD drag link and tie rod.

Have you done this yourself or know someone who has? looking to upgrade my steering and heard very good things about the synergy kit.. only problem... my RHD jeep o_O