RMS is going to get me. Rant.

Fordw60s

First rear main that I've had issues with getting resealed. Catalytic converters went out and figured I'd change it and oil pan seal while I had it all apart. Put it all together using anaerobic sealant off setting the seal and it started leaking instantly. After about 500 miles I finally decided to do it again using rtv like the dealership used 17 years ago. Same thing happened again. Uuugggghh frustrating!!! And to top it off went to pull oik cap and it broke the internal tab. Sorry just a rant.
Resized_20240628_174116.jpeg

First rear main that I've had issues with getting resealed. Catalytic converters went out and figured I'd change it and oil pan seal while I had it all apart. Put it all together using anaerobic sealant off setting the seal and it started leaking instantly. After about 500 miles I finally decided to do it again using rtv like the dealership used 17 years ago. Same thing happened again. Uuugggghh frustrating!!! And to top it off went to pull oik cap and it broke the internal tab. Sorry just a rant. View attachment 538684

Are you sure the leak isn’t the valve cover, PCV, or CCV gasket?

I did mine four times. Three Felpros and finally used a Mopar.

I feel for you.

Good time to check timing chain tension and document your bearing numbers.

-Mac

When I get around to doing my RMS, I have your post bookmarked to follow it. In preparation for it, I do have a Mopar RMS already. Everything is in the garage and ready to go. I just have to find the motivation and free weekend to do it.