Rock Jock CurrectLync steering system kit for TJ

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/751986673453872/

NY Facebook Marketplace

No connection to the seller, but close to me if anyone needs a set of eyes on it.

_nc_ohc=PfcgySmcTncAX8TIvmk&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.jpg

I just found an issue with my stuff. If that one was closer to me, I'd be getting it.

With shipping I'm sure it would still be way cheaper than new.

At ~$260 under retail, you should bite the bullet and ship it. There is no bolt-on option currently on the market that compares to it.

I'm not hesitant about the price, I'm hesitant about the risk since I can't see the part, hand the guy cash and leave with it if I want it. How are you guys handling secure payments, and what's the recourse for getting money back if a situation pops up? Also, I don't do paypal or something like zelle.

I'm not hesitant about the price, I'm hesitant about the risk since I can't see the part, hand the guy cash and leave with it if I want it. How are you guys handling secure payments, and what's the recourse for getting money back if a situation pops up? Also, I don't do paypal or something like zelle.

I prefer cash, but have used PP and Zelle for these transactions. I would not use Venmo except in person.

Why not?

I'm a cash guy too, but there's no way I'd send payment to a complete stranger on marketplace.

Venmo doesn't offer any protections. From my understanding PayPal and Zelle do offer protections. I have only done this kind of thing twice and both times it was for Jeep parts discovered through Marketplace. They are not my most comfortable moments. There is a thread on this somewhere on the forum. That discussion is the basis for my moving forward with those transactions.

Reactions: BlueC

I personally only use Zelle for people I know. Mostly family.

I would not be concerned using Venmo for strangers though. I also have used Apple Pay Cash and PayPal.

Why not?

I'm a cash guy too, but there's no way I'd send payment to a complete stranger on marketplace.

Venmo is the Wild West of P2P transactions. There isn’t much recourse with Zelle either. Once funds are sent they are gone.

I use Zelle for small transactions and if I know the person.

PayPal is one of the few options that I know of that claim to back transactions but I have no real experience with disputing a transaction. Fortunately.

Venmo doesn't offer any protections. From my understanding PayPal and Zelle do offer protections. I have only done this kind of thing twice and both times it was for Jeep parts discovered through Marketplace. They are not my most comfortable moments. There is a thread on this somewhere on the forum. That discussion is the basis for my moving forward with those transactions.

I don't believe Zelle offers any kind of protection. I think you can toggle protections on Venmo now and the seller pays a small fee, but I've never used this option.

Reactions: '05Train and JMT
Venmo is the Wild West of P2P transactions. There isn’t much recourse with Zelle either. Once funds are sent they are gone.

I use Zelle for small transactions and if I know the person.

PayPal is one of the few options that I know of that claim to back transactions but I have no real experience with disputing a transaction. Fortunately.

Been a few years but I bought about $600 in fourwheeler parts from a kid. He sent about $100 of said parts. I sent an explanation of what I received and my perceived value to paypal, didn't take long to get $500 back (I was fine paying for the parts I did receive).

Better safe than sorry is my rule of thumb. I took risks and turned out fine. Part of it is talking back and forth with the seller and establishing some kind of basis for trust. If someone is really a part of the Jeep community there will be some level of understanding that a real Jeep person has. I assume most in the Jeep community have a camaraderie and are trustworthy, but it is a risk nonetheless.

@MikekiM said it was close, maybe you could work out a deal with him to go look and buy it then you could pay him? If you trust a random person on the internet compared a different random person on the internet? lol at least if a forum member does you wrong we can bully him! I mean ask him nicely to give you your part or money.

Been a few years but I bought about $600 in fourwheeler parts from a kid. He sent about $100 of said parts. I sent an explanation of what I received and my perceived value to paypal, didn't take long to get $500 back (I was fine paying for the parts I did receive).

That's the scenario I'm worried about. If it was $100, I'd be willing to risk it, but $500 and the seller sends me a brick not RockJock parts, well now I'm going to be spending that much in gas to redeliver the brick. ;)