Rock Jock CurrectLync steering system kit for TJ

That's the scenario I'm worried about. If it was $100, I'd be willing to risk it, but $500 and the seller sends me a brick not RockJock parts, well now I'm going to be spending that much in gas to redeliver the brick. ;)

This is what would worry me. Way more than the payment method.

Reactions: BlueC
That's the scenario I'm worried about. If it was $100, I'd be willing to risk it, but $500 and the seller sends me a brick not RockJock parts, well now I'm going to be spending that much in gas to redeliver the brick. ;)

Paypal G&S I'd probably be willing to risk it after conversation with seller. Almost every scammer will reject G&S.

I would use paypal..the guy seems legit and has been on Facebook since 2014. If you are worried ask for a phone number and call him. If he sounds like the guy down at 7-11 hang up

Been a few years but I bought about $600 in fourwheeler parts from a kid. He sent about $100 of said parts. I sent an explanation of what I received and my perceived value to paypal, didn't take long to get $500 back (I was fine paying for the parts I did receive).
That's what I hear. Regarding PayPal.

Venmo.. I do not and never will have any experience with them.

Zelle.. I worked for one of the top three banks for a while and still have a connection to banking (I have a wealth Mgmt practice at Merrill Lynch and they are owned by Bank of America) and there are numerous checkpoints when executing Zelle transactions. Are you sure you want to send money? Really Sure? REALLY REALLY SURE? Once sent you can't get it back. Sadly I have had numerous clients get scammed using Zelle... for thousands. And nothing our team can do about it.

Better safe than sorry is my rule of thumb. I took risks and turned out fine. Part of it is talking back and forth with the seller and establishing some kind of basis for trust. If someone is really a part of the Jeep community there will be some level of understanding that a real Jeep person has. I assume most in the Jeep community have a camaraderie and are trustworthy, but it is a risk nonetheless.
Sadly, as much as you might feel you have established trust, the crooks are manipulative pros.

@MikekiM said it was close, maybe you could work out a deal with him to go look and buy it then you could pay him? If you trust a random person on the internet compared a different random person on the internet? lol at least if a forum member does you wrong we can bully him! I mean ask him nicely to give you your part or money.
Literally walking distance from me. I'd be happy to help if I can. Maybe I should just buy it. Figure out if it is something I need and if not, resell.
Hmmm.. that could be good for everyone.

Paypal G&S I'd probably be willing to risk it after conversation with seller. Almost every scammer will reject G&S.
I MIGHT do Paypal G&S. I have a soft mental hard stop at around $250. That's what I would be willing to lose if I got scammed..

So it didn't take me long to decide. I messaged him.
FB is have a Matrix glitch and the message couldn't be sent. I'll try again later.

I don't think it's something I need for my build.. I don't hammer my TJ. But then I didn't NEED half of what I have done so far, so maybe I'll keep it. If not, it will be easier and more comfortable to sell it here since I am one notch below just a random person on the internet. More a few people here have my address and phone.

• Haha
Reactions: bbaldwin237
Trust us...if you're driving what's pictured on your profile, it would not be a bad idea. You can thank us later for talking you into it.

So it didn't take me long to decide. I messaged him.
FB is have a Matrix glitch and the message couldn't be sent. I'll try again later.

I don't think it's something I need for my build.. I don't hammer my TJ. But then I didn't NEED half of what I have done so far, so maybe I'll keep it. If not, it will be easier and more comfortable to sell it here since I am one notch below just a random person on the internet. More a few people here have my address and phone.

That is my TJ. And I am picking the parts up this afternoon.
If I decide to not install it, I'll post it here.

If you decide to resell it, send me a message, I'm interested and I'd be more inclined to work with you.

That was too easy.

$440 because neither of us could break a twenty (works every time). B-NIB. Stabilizer bracket was still stapled in the plastic bag. Stickers still included. Receipt was there. All the castle nuts were there.

It goes in the parts shed until I decide if want to install it. Though I am leaning towards.. why not? The pile of parts to be installed in the spring is getting bigger.. again.

That was too easy.

$440 because neither of us could break a twenty (works every time). B-NIB. Stabilizer bracket was still stapled in the plastic bag. Stickers still included. Receipt was there. All the castle nuts were there.

It goes in the parts shed until I decide if want to install it. Though I am leaning towards.. why not? The pile of parts to be installed in the spring is getting bigger.. again.

I’m close enough to you to come get it if you decide against it.

Reactions: MikekiM