RockAuto Replacement Fender

JM_TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Does anyone have experience with replacement fenders from Rockauto? Mine are rusted out so looking for a replacement. They are crazy cheap on RA. Only about $100. It says its an aftermarket CAPA certified part:

• CAPA CERTIFIED or NSF CERTIFIED parts bear the seal of independent, third party organizations guaranteeing fitment and quality equal to original equipment. These parts may be required if your insurance company is paying for the repair.
Is this as legit as they make it out to be or will it be a cheap knockoff?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=683346&cc=1432231&jsn=465

It’s not an OE Mopar part so it will fit iffy and require more work to get it to play nice. This is always how aftermarket replacement body parts are.

Reactions: Daryl
Does anyone have experience with replacement fenders from Rockauto? Mine are rusted out so looking for a replacement. They are crazy cheap on RA. Only about $100. It says its an aftermarket CAPA certified part:

• CAPA CERTIFIED or NSF CERTIFIED parts bear the seal of independent, third party organizations guaranteeing fitment and quality equal to original equipment. These parts may be required if your insurance company is paying for the repair.
Is this as legit as they make it out to be or will it be a cheap knockoff?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=683346&cc=1432231&jsn=465
I agree with @Chris. My left front fender was damaged by PO. I could not get the fender straightened out no matter how I tried. I bought one off of E-bay from a place in Chicago that is no longer listed on E-bay. The metal was slightly thinner than the stock fender. There was small dent (5mm in diameter) on the fender when I received it. It appears that this happened during shipping. The company offered to send another one but I just opted for a $40 discount. It was made in China per the box it was shipped in. I have had it on for over two years now and the paint has held up and there is not rust. The fit was good and I replaced the nutserts to eliminate those rusty suckers. If I had it to do over I would try to find an OEM fender and do it that way.

Reactions: Chris
Yep, my experience with replacement body panels is that you always buy an OE part, even if it’s used. The aftermarket stuff isn’t the same, trust me.

Reactions: Fonz54
Yeah, I hear you guys. I'v looked for OEM fenders and decent used ones are slim here in the UK and a brand new Mopar one is crazy expensive. I've seen mixed reviews on here about aftermarket ones. It seems like cheap brands like Crown have been dodgy but some have had a good fit with some of the better brands. I'm more wondering what "CAPA Certified" means? Is that a sign that it's of a better quality or is it just marketing BS?

Ordered a replacement Cherokee fender, header panel, bumper, end, headlight bucket and grill from Rock after a nasty deer strike. Beat prices everywhere else I looked. Pretty pleased with the quality and fitment. All looked great and fit perfect. Zero issues. Only way you'd know the difference is because the paint is in better shape on the new fender.
I've had mostly good luck with Rock but they're struggling to match Amazon prices lately.

Reactions: JM_TJ
Ordered a replacement Cherokee fender, header panel, bumper, end, headlight bucket and grill from Rock after a nasty deer strike. Beat prices everywhere else I looked. Pretty pleased with the quality and fitment. All looked great and fit perfect. Zero issues. Only way you'd know the difference is because the paint is in better shape on the new fender.
I've had mostly good luck with Rock but they're struggling to match Amazon prices lately.
Very helpful, thanks.

I have replacement aftermarket fenders on my jeep. Came on the jeep when I bought it. They are a bit thinner than factory, but they fit well enough and look good enough that I've never considered looking for OE parts to replace them. Maybe if I smash one up, but more than likely, I'll go with some sort of highline at that point.

Reactions: JM_TJ