Rocker Panel Ideas

The holes are 4.5" above the bottom edge of the rocker, spaced about 10" apart. Just took mine off. Up here in the north east they just trap salt and moisture.

Reactions: dmr22
On my last Jeep, a Sahara, I removed the plastic trim piece that went all the way across the rocker panel and the bracket it attached to. I then filled the holes with JB Weld and use a roll-on bed liner to create a nice strip all the way across. For the hole that was too large to JB Weld I use a plastic plug. I think it came out nice and was super cheap.

jeep5.jpg

Reactions: dmr22
If you’re taking a vote, I’d go with leaving it the way it is. I think it looks good and other options might appear cobbed or to be hiding something.

I have a ding and some rust forming on my rocker, which I’m planning on treating as best as possible and covering with a rocker guard. I can’t stand diamond plate either, but I have always loved checker (chequer) plate used mostly on Land Rover Defenders. If it were as readily available and inexpensive in the US I’d try to use that instead.

s-l1600.jpg

So I think I will probably just leave it the way it is for now. A cjaama said, I don't want it to look like I am hiding or covering something up. If I really want to do something, I will save up and buy a nice set of rock sliders. Thanks for all the opinions!

Reactions: cjaama