Rockhard Sport Cage With Trektop NX

mjonesjr84

WTF was that?
Supporting Member
Does anyone have the Rockhard Sport Cage with the rear upper bar installed and use a TrekTop NX?

Trying to figure out the best placement for the rear upper bar and still be able to use the Trektop NX.

Does anyone have the Rockhard Sport Cage with the rear upper bar installed and use a TrekTop NX?

Trying to figure out the best placement for the rear upper bar and still be able to use the Trektop NX.

To use any of those frameless tops, you can’t have anything on the roll bars that extends much past the outside perimeter created by the stock rear down bars.

With the top off, lay a yardstick extending from the outside top bend on the down bars to the tub rail. If the upper bar of the sport cage extends past this line, it will interfere with the frameless top.

This is what I mean - anything outside of those red lines will interfere with a frameless top.

My cage is not stock, but the location of those upper bends is. I built this specifically to run a Rampage Frameless top.

Jeep - Rampage Top - 8-26-2012 (8).jpg

Last edited:
To use any of those frameless tops, you can’t have anything on the roll bars that extends much past the outside perimeter created by the stock rear down bars.

With the top off, lay a yardstick extending from the outside top bend on the down bars to the tub rail. If the upper bar of the sport cage extends past this line, it will interfere with the frameless top.

This is what I mean - anything outside of those red lines will interfere with a frameless top.

My cage is not stock, but the location of those upper bends is. I built this specifically to run a Rampage Frameless top.

View attachment 526440
That's what I was seeing. I was curious if anyone had been able to figure it out. I may have my local off road shop cut the ends off and make it a straight bar instead of the hump out.

I was thinking it may also go on top of the rear cage to add support to the top. If I get time I may try this first.

Best I could get. It's Smittybilt version, but they are close enough to the same.

top2.jpg

top3jpg.jpg

top4.jpg

Reactions: mjonesjr84