Roof Rack LEDs and Back Up LEDs

MexiJeeper

TJ Enthusiast
Originally I had installed a pair of 4" round HIDs on my rack. I never liked the fact that they were't instant on. I decided that I would search for a set of 5" square LEDs. I found a set of 90 watt lights I liked out of China at the right price and purchased them. Drawback was that I didn't know they weighed 5 1/2 pounds each. Wow! They came a bit chipped so I rattle canned them gloss black.

I have square wire mesh protective covers on all my other light but had nothing for the new LEDs. In my office supplies I had some printable transparent Mylar sheets so I went to work. I found a printable mesh on line that looked good and proceeded to print it. I also had an extra tablet screen protector. I cut the mesh to size as well as the screen protector, placed the screen protector on top of the printed mesh and bam, at a few feet you can't tell it's not the real deal. The bonus is that I have protection against stone chips.

Also installed a pair of Auxbeam 3" 20 watt back up lights. They had to be offset to allow the rear door to fully open.

DSC08648.JPG

DSC08647.JPG

DSC08649.JPG

DSC08650.JPG

You should post a photo of them lit up at night. Looks like it should be bright. Nice job clean install.