Rough Country 5.5" flares

TheBoogieman

Disturbed Jeepaholic
Supporting Member
If anyone is looking for Rubicon width replacement flares and can tolerate the RC logo, get their 5.5" flares. I ordered a set to get the extra 1.25" width. They are the exact width (not installed). The Rubicon flares measure 4.25" at the top but flare out at the bottom. The RC flares do not measure 5.5" wide, unless you count the lip that goes underneath. They also do not flare out at the bottom. Just my 2 cents.
Rubi flare rear.jpg

Rubi flare rear RC.jpg

Rubi flare.jpg

Rubi flare RC.jpg

Rubi RC flare lip.jpg

Last edited:
awesome! thanks for posting! I suspected this or something similar (that the 5.5 vs 4.25 isn't apples to apples) may be the case, as I indicated in the other thread where this was discussed.

Now I just gotta decide whether I want the textured finish or if I want to hold off for painted OEMs.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
If anyone is looking for Rubicon width replacement flares and can tolerate the RC logo, get their 5.5" flares. I ordered a set to get the extra 1.25" width. They are the exact width (not installed). The Rubicon flares measure 4.25" at the top but flare out at the bottom. The RC flares do not measure 5.5" wide, unless you count the lip that goes underneath. They also do not flare out at the bottom. Just my 2 cents.
View attachment 297870
View attachment 297874
View attachment 297875
View attachment 297877
View attachment 297882
I’m surprised no one starting manufacturing a set of these sooner. How’s the overall quality feel?

Thanks for letting us know how they turned out!

Thanks for sharing. The logo is unfortunate but atleast not horribly bad looking. Never understood why any of the standard suspects never offered a rubicon/sahara width replacement.

@Mike_H you might want to see this. I will find some time to box up the rear set for you next week when I am off work.

View attachment 297870
View attachment 297874
View attachment 297875
View attachment 297877
View attachment 297882
I was just looking at ordering those, I have the 7” ones now but would like something narrower. I don’t car too much for the logo but I think I will prefer the width.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Finished the front flares with my screwed up rotator cuff shoulder injury. Might take a week to be pain free to do the rears. Spinning nutserts caused an issue with taking longer than they should have. Comparison pics to Rubicon flares for anyone interested.
View attachment 298288

View attachment 298290
View attachment 298291
View attachment 298292
View attachment 298293
I had read your first post to imply you only wanted the extra width and wasn't going to install them since they aren't any wider. Change your mind?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.