Rough Country Fender Flares

Camdenst

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
What’s up gang. I came across these in my search for a set of rubicon replacement flares. At only 5.5in they aren’t the worst option out there.

19DFBF33-E47E-4106-A95E-951F36D20D97.png

I have them also. My only gripe is the edge that faces the tub or fender is rolled over instead of sharp like the oem flare, and that reveals paint that was previously hidden and doesn't always look that great.

PXL_20220608_172431162.jpg

The rear flares are also not *exactly* the same shape, which wouldn't even be noticeable except, again, the previously hidden paint that's been rubbed by the oem fenders for close to 2 decades.

PXL_20220608_172444160.jpg

So, in summary I think they're good fenders, but it might be a good idea to pull your fenders and see what the paint looks like under there so you know what you're in for.

I have them also. My only gripe is the edge that faces the tub or fender is rolled over instead of sharp like the oem flare, and that reveals paint that was previously hidden and doesn't always look that great.

View attachment 339624

The rear flares are also not *exactly* the same shape, which wouldn't even be noticeable except, again, the previously hidden paint that's been rubbed by the oem fenders for close to 2 decades.

View attachment 339625

So, in summary I think they're good fenders, but it might be a good idea to pull your fenders and see what the paint looks like under there so you know what you're in for.

You could elongate the holes and push them up a tiny bit to cover that.
p.s. I measured my stock Rubi flare clearance from the top of my tire to the bottom of the flares. The RC flares shape made them 1" higher.