Rough country trackbar bushing replacement

atup1996

Im purchasing rough country track bars front and rear for my 2000 TJ and I want to upgrade the bushings right away. Is there any Polly options? If not I see you can use MOOG k7252. Seems it uses a bigger bolt (m14). I’d really like to get away from drilling my stock mount out. Any suggestions for me. My other option to skip rough country and buy Rusty’s track bars.

First the stock bushing will be pretty tough to remove and there’s no reason you can’t replace it with a 10 mm stock tj bushing- that is what is in it.

You need to have some emery cloth- I’m not sure what they’ve got going on up there but getting the replacement bushing in the bar is a tight squeeze.

If you want the steering to fill firmer then go the 7252 route-

Honestly the current bushing they come with is going to do OK we just don’t know the longevity.

My other option to skip rough country and buy Rusty’s track bars.
I hope you were joking. :unsure:

Rusty's (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

If not I see you can use MOOG k7252. Seems it uses a bigger bolt (m14). I’d really like to get away from drilling my stock mount out. Any suggestions for me.

You don't have to drill out your mount. You can use the smaller bolt as long as it's torqued properly.
Better yet, get this bolt.

Reactions: Rickyd